The babies are here!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nubbybun

Reaction score
I'm so excited! Nubby gave birth to four beautifulkits. I was beginning to think she wasn't really pregnant because hertummy didnt seem to be getting very big, but i checked the little nestshe had made several times a day just to be sure. When I first thoughtthat she was pregnant, I wasn't too happy because I was very satisfiedwith just owning two bunnies, but then when I began thinking shewasn't, I was surprised to find how disappointed I was! This morning Inoticed a little blood on Nubby's leg, and when I opened the cage doorto investigate I saw the little nest moving up and down. Bunniesinside!! Will tell you all more later

Wooo Hoooo!!! Congratulations NubbyBun!

I would've been surprised if she wasn't pregnant. Four rabbits are agood size litter! Are they all well? Are they in their nestbox?

You'll have to check on them each morning to make sure they've got a ping-pong ball belly and they're warm.
Oh Happy Day!! :D

Thanks so much for telling us! Do keep us posted.

-Carolyn

I always thought 4 kits was a small litter.:?Guess not! lol, all 3 of my friends litters had 9 babies inthem, that would Mocha and Spice's litters.

Congradulations on the babies! Aren't they adorable?!

Hey, carolyn! thanks for the advice. They are allin the nest and warm. 2 pink and 2 grey mini nubbies. I cant wait untilthey are big enough to cuddle! Ill update if there is more news

M&SMom,

You're 100% correct. 4 kits is a small litter. :) I was speaking moreof NubbyMom (the human) instead of NubbyBun and the babies. 4 ismanageable and it's a good size rather than 11 for her to have as herfirst set of kits.

You are correct though! :dude: 4 is a small litter!

NubbyMom,

Be sure to give NubbyMom as much food as her little heart desires. Shewon't mind you picking up the babies. Obviously they're very tender andtheir bones break easily so just be sure to really support those littlebacks and necks as you know. Mom knows your scent, so she'll be finewith your handling them. Rabbit's aren't like birds in that sense.

Also, a piece of apple or slice of banana (or any treat) might be a nice reward for NubbyBun! ;)

I'm so happy for all of you!

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back