The Adventures of Sherlock and Watson

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missyscove

Christina - Moderator
Reaction score
Here's my last blog
And my first blog

After losing my rabbit of 6 years, Timmy, less than three months into my first year of vet school, I headed to the Ventura County Animal Shelter where, after spending hours meeting all their rabbits, I adopted a duo of neutered males on October 28th.

3C9209F4-D47D-4CCC-B65E-9AA879F2D541-110-000000017F00A718.jpg

8EA73007-6F14-405A-B2CD-EF4E2B521742-110-0000000181C97A39.jpg

After getting to know them for a few days, I dubbed them Sherlock (the black otter Netherland Dwarf) and Watson (the black Polish).

Since their arrival, they've had quite a few photoshoots.

Here we are after carving pumpkins for Halloween.
IMG_6533.jpg

IMG_6488.jpg

Othertimes they wear funny hats.

IMG_7638.jpg

IMG_7603.jpg

IMG_7598.jpg

IMG_7553.jpg

IMG_7545.jpg

IMG_7541.jpg

And lastly: our Christmas photos

IMG_8045.jpg

IMG_7963.jpg

IMG_7946.jpg

IMG_7931.jpg

Although I've only had them for a month now, they've already won over my heart. They spend their day in a 42 inch dog crate in my room, but whenever I'm both home and awake, they have free roam of my room.

I've been "training them to love me" by feeding them the vast majority of their daily pellet ration directly from my hands. Eventually they went from not leaving their cage unless I was out of the room or sitting on my bed to voluntarily running up to me and sitting nicely for me to pet them.

They each got a checkup by some of my classmates and one of our faculty vets at our clinic on campus with a clean bill of health. Last week they each got a microchip (thanks, Home Again!).

I'm looking forward to getting to know them even better as time goes on. It's definitely a great destressor just to watch their antics and even more so to pet them or feel their faces tickle my hands when they eat our of my palms.

Your boys are quite the pair! Gotta love the names! I can't believe they let you put collars on them! Such well behaved boys!

Sorry to hear about the loss of your bunny!

Here are a few videos of my boys.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq2YdcNhqQU[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDzIHx_Scd4[/ame]

Last edited:
Oh my goodness they are adorable. Great pictures and videos of the two of them.

Christina you get prettier every day. Great pictures of you too.

Looking forward to more stories and Photos of the munchkins.

Are you close to your home now where you go to school? I guess compared to your last few years of university anything in CA would be close.

Susan:)

I think they're afraid enough of the slippery floors that they don't want to move too much. I'm also pretty sure the bowties confuse them just enough to keep them sitting in one spot.

My school is about an hour from home, so yes, I'm definitely much closer! Vet school keeps me plenty busy and I haven't been able to spend too much time at home (I'm in a rental house about 10 minutes from school with 3 roommates) but I have been able to see family members for birthdays, etc.

Tonight I had some applesauce. And then this happened.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz0IkPkQ40w[/ame]

Last edited:
Lol, that cracks me up, that Watson made off with the applesauce cup after he decided that he didn't want to share with Sherlock :) Poor little guy!

Yes, they're not the best at sharing.
This morning for about 2.5 hours, Watson kept chasing Sherlock around in and out of their cage. I was nervous because Fiona and Timmy became unbonded and never rebonded after they had a fight. I sat on the floor with them instead of on my bed so I could stop the chasing and a few hours later they were cuddling again. I have no idea what set them off but I was very glad that they calmed down and settled things before anyone got hurt.

I think they're afraid enough of the slippery floors that they don't want to move too much. I'm also pretty sure the bowties confuse them just enough to keep them sitting in one spot.

hmmm... sounds like I need to take my girls onto a slippery floor to try to get some pics of them together!

the applesauce thing was super cute - reminds me of how mental Nala and Gaz get over apple/wild blueberry baby food :D

The funny thing is that Timmy was totally fine with the laminate floors in my room although a little wary of the tile hallway (there is no carpet in our rental house). These guys will hardly move without their rugs down.

Thats funny about the applesauce. My two don't like applesauce! :)

They sure are cute lil guys. I hope the chasing is nothing. I hate hearing stories about spontaneous fights with buns! The same sex pairs just seem to be prone to that sometimes.......:( if only we could read their minds!!

Since I have finals this week, I spent most of the day studying in my room and being distracted by the buns.
Watson thinks this cat bed is pretty fantastic whereas I've yet to see Sherlock go anywhere near it.
IMG_8289.jpg

Just before dusk, I took my roommate's dog for a walk to get some exercise and as a good excuse for a study break. It was still light out when I got back so we took the buns out into the yard for their first leashed outing.
IMG_8290.jpg

IMG_8292.jpg

IMG_8299.jpg

IMG_8302.jpg

My roommate's dog, Picasso, was very excited and kept play bowing at the buns. I tried to explain to him that they don't speak his language.
IMG_8304.jpg

Watson discovered this dirt and decided it was perfect for digging in.
IMG_8341.jpg

Then everybody had some fresh parsley.
IMG_8351.jpg

IMG_8354.jpg

IMG_8364.jpg

The boys and I shared a banana this morning.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwqsHvXvAhA[/ame]

Last edited:
Great new pics of the buns. I love that Watson has the brown undertones to his coat. That one picture where he is looking backwards really shows it. I thought he was all solid black. How cute!!

Latest posts

Back