The adventures of Peter Cartier Rabbit!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holtzchick

Reaction score
Peter,

My pride and joy. He's not much of a cuddler, nor does he enjoy being touched at all but I still enjoy watching him hop about the apartment. I love the way he runs up to me because he thinks I have a treat for him in my hands, I love how he jumps into his cage whenever I'm near because he knows he'll get a treat for it. I love the look on his face whenever I give him a treat because its the only time he lets me pet him and the fact that its the only time he tolerates the petting. I can't describe the love I have for him. My boyfriend doesn't believe that he understands me at all but deep down I know he knows exactly what I mean.

Its sad to think I almost gave up on this little guy when he was being so stubborn but I didn't want him to end up in a bad home or being passed around. I'm happy to have him and I can't imagine my life without him.

As I was feeding Peter apples earlier, I thought that he looked so adorable and like a savage finding food for the first time I decided to take some pictures.... So after I checked out the pictures I immediately thought of a picture I had seen on the site before... oh peter peter peter. I love you. :hearts

oj3uky.jpg

Heres the picture I got off this site (by the way, cutest picture ever!!)

And heres the picture of Peter eating his apples (God I Love Him!)

15zs9p3.jpg

Snack time is the ONLY time he will ever tolerate me petting him, touching him, or having him on my lap, so therefore he eats quicker! lol!!

I went to a pet store in Hamilton today and I saw the CUTEST dwarf Hotots !!! My dad thought it was the cutest thing also.. then I thought of Peter and maybe having jealousy, then I thought about fair and unfair treatment... it's no secret that I spoil Peter to bits, so I figured the other bunny would feel left out, and then I thought of an extra spay or neuter, litter training, all the work with bonding... all the extra space... and extra time that I don't have, I only really have enough time to give Peter proper roaming time and attention in the evening so I decided against buying it. Still, even though I know I cannot have another bunny.. I can't help browsing other sites and looking at pictures of other peoples bunnies!! They're so irresistible to the eye lol. I love the intelligence... they look cute and innocent, but really they are so clever and I find sly at times... kind of like me hehehe. No... but seriously I am addicted to looking at other bunnies as well and other pets even though its too big of a responsibility at this point for fear that I definitely don't have enough space in my apartment for say a puppy or a kitten or even another bunny and then factor into that training no way.... animals are not disposable but it doesn't hurt to look :)

So.... I decided to step into HomeSense today because well.. you can never get enough stuff for the house right?! Anyways. I ended up buying Peter a pet bed because I noticed him always laying on my laptop case when I let him out he kind of soiled his other pet beds that I had pre-neuter so I just threw them out and figured he didn't want a bed anyways. As soon as I put it out for him he was curious and jumped right in... he looks adorable, its so big and he's just a tiny thing. The only thing I ever buy anymore is I feel pet supplies, I've completely stopped thinking about myself when it comes to shopping now... I am officially a bunny slave :)

jjr3fq.jpg

Today I devoted my whole day to pets... First thing I did this morning was go pick up some vegetable scraps from the grocery store and then I went and somehow my lovely house of 3 turned into my lovely house of four... (if I count my boyfriend 5)... Now I have Peter, my birdy Picasso and introducing Penelope my African Pygymy Hedgehog!! :)

I wanted the boys to have a friend that they wouldn't be territorial with so I figured a hedgehog would be okay since they are kind of timid. I built her a C&C cage since I had them leftover from the one I never made for Peter so she's just getting used to that... she seems like a social one :)

Yeah, I knew he would need one because his other two were gone. My boyfriend said I was wasting money because he wasn't going to like it... haha. Imagine his reaction when he saw Peter sit in it the whole night. I love being right :)

All stocked up for the winter season! :) I went to the petstore today and bought Peter the largest bag of both litter and timothy hay & pellets! He's finally gonna switch over.. I've been putting it off for a while but amen to that now. He's been so good since his neuter! I cleaned his litter box and while I was replacing it and his food dishes he was so good and calm just out laying around then as soon as I put the food and litter in his cage he hopped in and went straight to his litter box and then ate like a madman! (sometimes I feel like he eats as if I starved him lol). He's soo mellow now and even though he's not cuddly I still find him such a sweetheart!

Peter was going nuts last night! I had him freeroaming and then I also had Penelope in my lap with the lights turned off and he kept jumping up on the the couch and sitting in my lap?! (never sits on me... ever..) I found this odd, he was so curious about Penelope, it was cute! Now he's just sitting beside her cage, I think he likes not being the only ground animal? lol. I built her an NIC habitat and it's beside Peter's cage. Of course I have to include a picture :)
24pdvf9.jpg

Hmm. It seems like it's been a while that I've posted on here.... I've been super.. what's the word I'm looking for... I guess you could say scatterbrained lately. I'm in over my head. I had my dad move in with my boyfriend and I a few days ago because he didn't think he needed an apartment anymore since he's going back to Europe in a few weeks... it's not that he moved in with me... it's all the stuff he moved into my place! Organizing was a nightmare!... not only that.. I now realize how much Peter has suffered since we got Penelope considering that I had to move her into our bedroom because my dad couldn't sleep either. She's SO loud at night on her wheel, I swear she could just keep chasing that impossible dream lol. I've been trying to fix it but since she moved into my room it's been barely any sleep and my poor boyfriend is probably so frustrated (he's too nice to say anything) but he knows that I love her so much.... Ahhh no one understands the love that I share for my animals (although according to some threads, I'm sure quite a few of you on here do :p). Peter seems back to normal now that he and my father are getting a good nights sleep... lucky them! I'm on a hunt to find a super quiet wheel, until then I have covered her wheel with like a rug/carpet made with felt like material so that I can't hear her little paws running and I've also put some Vaseline on the middle so it doesn't really squeak.... Fingers crossed I get some good sleep tonight!!

This morning while watching Peter eat, I thought to myself, wow... his coat is SO shiny! I think it's getting even shinier since I've started feeding him Timothy pellets/hay... maybe a figment of my imagination?! clearly because I had time to watch Peter eat so vigorously this morning, one could incur that I had a boring day... actually if I were to sum it up, I'd say it was the most boring day of this year thus far. My boyfriend started a new job and worked all day, and my father was out helping friends prepare for a birthday party all day... I'd say i've been alone for the past 12 hour. Considering I'm always with atleast 1 person, it was a complete nightmare! Peter was also as bored as ever, he just stayed in his cage even though I left it open for him the whole day. Waiting for better days soon. (Atleast I got in the latest Gossip Girl episodes! I'm a sucker for that show.)

As my reputation precedes me, I have done yet another DIY project! I ended up buying like an antique buffet&hutch and completely removed the shelving and replaced the backing with whiteboard, I then removed the top board and I made some ventilation. I had a fake tree around so I took it apart and made a fantastic birdcage with it! I think it looks fantastic! :) I've had this in mind for a while but wanted to complete it before Christmas as a present for my lovely little Picasso. I definitely need to upload a picture once he's all settled in. Ah, I guess there's not much going on in my life (go figure), I can't believe that at 19 I feel 40!

MERRY CHRISTMAS! :) (yes I know, its Christmas eve!) I've been sooooo busy lately! I'm especially busy doing some cooking for our traditional dinner today but I thought I would sneak in a quick minute for posting... Peter is a doll!! I ate an apple with him yesterday and he was actually sitting beside me on the couch not minding pets! He was also extremely calm while I was clipping his nails... I suppose the bonding process really does work in the long term! I feel bad I didn't buy him anything for Christmas.... it's weird because I always splurge on Peter but I feel like he already has everything :( Although I will bake him some special christmas cookies and decorate them like little santas!! As for my other animals, I already have Picasso transferred into his new cage, and bought him an avian lamp that simulates daylight! He simply adores it. I took a trip down to pet smart and bought Penelope a cage yesterday... it took me 3 hours to set up :\ but it was well worth it in the end she does enjoy it I'm sure. I don't understand how it was easier for me to clip Peter's nails but Penelope was soo difficult I left those for another day! Anyways, time to start cooking.... Can't wait to eat all the delicious food tonight.

Latest posts

Back