The Adventures of Mr. Cookie!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys!

So cookie has never enjoyed being picked up or held... But after all this sickness and needing to be held so much... Either! I have gotten more confident OR he is warming up :)

I've also learned the burrito hold and seriously love love love being able to "swaddle" him like a little baby and hold him While he falls asleep :) and he isn't stressed at all... Because the other night I pick him up in the towel and took him upstairs and sat in the rocking chair and rocked him for a while... He fell so fast asleep that I was able to completely let go of him and he was just rest on me... It.was.so.sweet. Almost made me cry... I love him SO!

So since I didn't get any pics jof us rocking hehe :)

I had hubby take some pics this evening when I picked him up for a snuggle and to check his incision (which btw looks AWESOME! No more swelling, hardly any redness, no irritation! I seriously can't believe he left it alone! Go cookie! :)

So here is our Burrito Baby!

48439be3.jpg

a71bdbff.jpg

:inlove::inlove:

Looks like he's as snug as bug in a rug! He looks very relaxed.

So glad to hear he's doing so well!

K:)

Well 9 days out and cookie is doing great! Everything is back to normal except his energy... He gets really worn out alot after any playing or eating and sleeps alot more than he used too... But I know he is still healing and that is to be excepted!

In other news! Mr.Cookies "big sister" Sydney Mae's birthday is today! She is seven today. 7 years ago in July, I walked into a pet store and she stole my heart. I brought her home right away... She was 12 weeks old and 1.5 lbs :innocent Today she is 17 lbs of smart, charismatic, silliness with endless energy and boundless kisses! She loves tennis balls and will chase them to the ends of the earth! She also loves more than anything else... BANANAS! She even chose a banana over a homemade birthday cupcake! This girl is obsessed! Lol and we believe part monkey! :big wink: but we love her just the same! And are SO glad everyday that she is part of our family!

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!!!! :biggrin2:

sydneymaemae.jpg

Happy Belated Birthday wishes to Miss Sydney Mae. What a sweetie.

So glad to hear Mr. Cookie is on his way to a full recovery!

Happy belated birthday, Sydney Mae! She looks like a sweetheart.

I'm sorry to hear about Cookie's tough ordeal with his neuter, but I'm glad to hear he's on the mend. And they say boys are easier! Neuters, anyway.

Love the pictures of Burito Cookie. Scrumptious! It's good to see that he is warming up to you. Animals are smart, they can sense your "trustworthiness." Cookie knows that you and your husband are doing your best to take care of him.

I just remembered! If you have some willow leaves and branches around, you can feed some to Cookie. Willow is a natural pain reliever. I don't think Cookie is in much pain anymore, but it may help with the healing process.

mrbunny wrote:
I just remembered! If you have some willow leaves and branches around, you can feed some to Cookie. Willow is a natural pain reliever. I don't think Cookie is in much pain anymore, but it may help with the healing process.

That is so cool! And definitely knowledge I will keep in mind, for the future! Awesome!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes for our little Sydney Mae! We love her so :)

Mr. C update : we are 2 weeks and 1day out for his surgery and he is becoming our house bunny again! Yippee :D he has been out for about 3runs now and has been out most of today... I can't say that I have noticed a huge change, other than his intensity is much less... When he is being naughty a simple "NO" once or twice will do... Where as before, I could say no till I was blue in the face... He never quit! Lol he is also not pooping in his pen anymore just one or two here or there...all in his litter box! He used to leave poops all over his pen everyday! Like 30 or 40! He has been really nervous the last few days, and I was worried that it was because of the neuter... But today he seems to be almost back to his old self... Chasing the dogs around, chewing up his cardboard and flopping by the tv lol his incision site looks awesome, and he just this morning for the first time let me touch it and press firmly without any discomfort reaction!!! The only thing that is still hanging around is his sleepiness... He just gets tired all more quickly than he used too... But he naps and then resumes running all over again! I had a talk with our vet and we sent him pictures of his incision site and after he got them, he said they looked so good, we don't even have to come back in for a follow up. Unless there is a problem! Wooohooo :D
I'm so happy to be on the other side of this nastiness! Thank you all for the prayers and well wishes! It's been one rough few weeks, so glad they are behind us, and my little man is all better :D

So glad to hear Mr. Cookie is doing so much better and back to his ole self. So glad that he's able to rest. Absolutely love the pics. No more raging hormones so he can now relax and just be himself. The Sweet Little Guy you fell in love with.

It's been a while since I've written and I thought I would jump on here and update :)

My life has been crazy stressful lately... Lots of decisions to make work wise, and I'm not really sure what to do... Stress stress stress lol the weather has been gorgeous tho, so I'm so grateful for that!

Mr.C is back to his old self or I rather his new self! Believe it or not he is much more curious and gets into much more trouble now! LOL before his neuter he was so focused on his stuffed bun wifey and chin marking everything, that he didn't really get into much... But NOW? Wow! He is the busiest little guy and into everything Lol

A few days ago he was sleeping in his little cottontail cottage, or so I thought... And I heard this noise coming from the pantry... I got so scared I thought we had a mouse, well I was actually thinking RAT because the noise sounded so BIG! I get the broom slowly open the door bend down and IT'S COOKIE! LOL I have NO idea how he got into the pantry! NO IDEA! Then I came up from doing Laundry yesterday and he was up on our table by the stairs! It's really high, all I can figure it he climbed through the banister from the stairs lol

And TODAY! I was Cleaning out the closet in the living room and everything was WAY to quiet... Which of course means trouble LOL I got into the kitchen and the dogs and cookie somehow pulled down my hubby's cheetos bag off of the counter and were chowing down! I dint know whether cookie jumped up and got them (doubtful our counters are really high and he has never attempted it, or my hubs left it on the edge and our little Charlie, who's quite the jumper grabbed it and pulled it down... But cookie was IN THE BAG! Hahahahahaha lol my camera broke yesterday so I didn't get any pics of it... Darn cuz they would have been awesome! LOL cookie is exhausted now, after spending an hour cleaning all the cheeto dust off of himself LOL

I'm getting the camera fixed this weekend! With his new no fear attitude, I'm sure there will plenty more opportunities for awesome nauty bunny photos! LOL

I'm so grateful for this little guy! I can have the.worst.day. And he will just do something crazy and make me laugh so hard! :inlove:

I'm glad Mr Cookie is your court jester when you deal with work stress. And I see his cottage seems to be holding up. Does he go to the upper level often?

LakeCondo wrote:
I'm glad Mr Cookie is your court jester when you deal with work stress. And I see his cottage seems to be holding up. Does he go to the upper level often?

He goes to the middle level a lot to chew and lounge and hide :)
He does go to the top to hang out sometimes but he def enjoys the bottom and middle levels more! And it is holding up from the outside... The inside however he has really torn up lol but that's what it's for ;)

BunMommaD wrote:
It's been a while since I've written and I thought I would jump on here and update :)

My life has been crazy stressful lately... Lots of decisions to make work wise, and I'm not really sure what to do... Stress stress stress lol the weather has been gorgeous tho, so I'm so grateful for that!

Mr.C is back to his old self or I rather his new self! Believe it or not he is much more curious and gets into much more trouble now! LOL before his neuter he was so focused on his stuffed bun wifey and chin marking everything, that he didn't really get into much... But NOW? Wow! He is the busiest little guy and into everything Lol

A few days ago he was sleeping in his little cottontail cottage, or so I thought... And I heard this noise coming from the pantry... I got so scared I thought we had a mouse, well I was actually thinking RAT because the noise sounded so BIG! I get the broom slowly open the door bend down and IT'S COOKIE! LOL I have NO idea how he got into the pantry! NO IDEA! Then I came up from doing Laundry yesterday and he was up on our table by the stairs! It's really high, all I can figure it he climbed through the banister from the stairs lol

And TODAY! I was Cleaning out the closet in the living room and everything was WAY to quiet... Which of course means trouble LOL I got into the kitchen and the dogs and cookie somehow pulled down my hubby's cheetos bag off of the counter and were chowing down! I dint know whether cookie jumped up and got them (doubtful our counters are really high and he has never attempted it, or my hubs left it on the edge and our little Charlie, who's quite the jumper grabbed it and pulled it down... But cookie was IN THE BAG! Hahahahahaha lol my camera broke yesterday so I didn't get any pics of it... Darn cuz they would have been awesome! LOL cookie is exhausted now, after spending an hour cleaning all the cheeto dust off of himself LOL

I'm getting the camera fixed this weekend! With his new no fear attitude, I'm sure there will plenty more opportunities for awesome nauty bunny photos! LOL

I'm so grateful for this little guy! I can have the.worst.day. And he will just do something crazy and make me laugh so hard! :inlove:
Agree 100%, those little furry guys do help make a worse day better with their silly ways..

Glad to hear Mr. C is feeling 100% better, that bad experience completely forgotten and now truly enjoying life. And giving you a lot of laughs giving relief of stress. Ahhh the benefits of a happy bunny.

So we did some rearranging today!!! :) I'm very add when it come to rearranging my house lol my husband used t never know what the house would look like in any given day when he came home from work, because I was always changing everything LOL and our dear prince cookie is learning to roll with momma craziness too! He doesn't even seem to care LOL just takes it all in stride :D

So we were doing a deep cleaning of cookies area and discovered the little punk had down more urine marking on his carpet than we thought!!! (before he was neutered) as we flipped over the carpet and YUCK! Lots of stains! So it immediately went out the door and the hubs went out to find some better flooring... Ad he sure did! We found this awesome flooring at lowes... It's made for garage flooring it looks together with a complete seal (there are no holes, so if he spills something or has an accident it won't go through to the floor!) AND! It has a 25YEAR! Warrenty! And hubbs asked specifically if that would include possible damage from pets, and they said it would!! :D it was the cheapest, but 25 years? It was worth it! I also used some left over nic panels I had left over from the sofa barrcade to make his space a little bigger! We also put him in the larger area of the kitchen and out our table by the window where he used to be! Because of course we don't need as much space to eat as our prince needs to live! Hehehe ;)
This will be his set up until he permanently moves up into my hubby's office with him in 6 months or so... Hubs will be working from home full time in the next month and once we get his office bunny proofed cookie will be moving up there with him! I'm so excited for them to be able to hang out all day everyday together! Mr.C is sure one.spoiled.bun. :D

13692979.jpg

72c8fdc3.jpg

3b34ff0b.jpg

That looks so good! A new start for the New and Improved Cookie! And excellent purchase! You go girl!

And I think Mr. C. will like your ADD better than your hubs. lol I'm finding out, though my boys get out and about, they really liked it when we rearranged their crates to different sides of the room. They got a different view. Really perked them up!

So if Mr. C is going with the flow with this change (so thrilled for all of you), he's going to love the new view in 6 months in your hubs office..

So thrilled for your hubs. Mine is home a lot off and on too (self employed), and Dobby loves it because he's out with Dad. Those two have become real close.

ZRabbits wrote:
That looks so good!  A new start for the New and Improved Cookie!   And excellent purchase!  You go girl! 
And I think Mr. C. will like your ADD better than your hubs. lol  I'm finding out, though my boys get out and about, they really liked it when we rearranged their crates to different sides of the room.  They got a different view.   Really perked them up! 
So if Mr. C is going with the flow with this change (so thrilled for all of you), he's going to love the new view in 6 months in your hubs office.. 
So thrilled for your hubs.  Mine is home a lot off and on too (self employed), and Dobby loves it because he's out with Dad.  Those two have become real close.

Thanks! We are so happy he is so easy going! And I am very excited for my hubby to be home full time... I think he and cookie will have lots of fun together! AND... My hubs can have a really stressful time sometimes with his job, I think cookie and our pups will be just what he needs... When he gets off the phone and is stressed to the hilt, he can just turn around and sit in the floor with them for a bit :)

I wish I could work from home! I'm so jealous he will be with our babies so much!!! But being a nanny... That would be a bit difficult to do from home lol virtual nannying of the further maybe? LOL :p

Latest posts

Back