The Adventures of Clementine and Felix: 2015 Edition

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr_nv47o3fsMO1qadoszo1_1280.jpg

Can't work out if treat ball really big, or bunnies really small! :D

That picture of them smooshing their faces together is so adorable!

It's been a hell of a year for us so far. :nope:

My partner and I split up on the 1st, not particularly amicably, so I've been staying with a friend since then. I finally got the rabbits here yesterday (my friend graciously offered to let me keep them in a spare bathroom!) and they seem pretty confused/anxious about the whole thing, but I feel much better being able to watch them and check on them myself. We're looking for a new place to rent, so hopefully they'll have a more permanent home again soon. <3

I'm very sorry to hear that, Pani. But at least you have the bunnies with you and hopefully you can work something out in relation to more permanent accommodation and giving them more exciting housing than a bathroom :p Take care and feel free to message me if you want to talk about anything at all.

Sorry to hear that, pani.

Your little nose wigglers will have a rough time, but will adjust swimmingly. I remember when the two I had during my first marriage were only freaked out for a little while. The boy bunny (who got along famously with other animals to the point of almost being a politician) was bummed about not having his cat to pal around with (ex got the cat).

You will find that they will be a great help right now, even if they are not as lovey dovey as you would like.

Can't take 'em anywhere. Clemmie knocked over the toilet brush in the spare bathroom tonight, not sure if she was chewing at it at all (didn't look like it, thankfully) but still, ewwww. Clemmie why so grosssssss.

Oh, I feel awful. :( Clipping Clemmie's nails and hit the quick on one. It's bleeding heavily and I don't have any styptic powder, flour, or cornflour, so she's just on my lap with pressure to the nail. Poor darling. :( :(

Aww, she'll be alright. I did the same to Bandit once, it's a terrible feeling and always seems much worse than it is because it bleeds so much! I didn't have Bandit on my lap to clip and he wouldn't let me get near him to put powder on, so we just ended up with blood all over the tiled floors :p

Yes, we got blood everywhere! Even a few spots on the carpet, so I'll have to scrub them out next time I do a clean of their room. :headsmack

My housemate ran out and got some cornflour for me but that didn't clot it well enough, so I ended up clotting it with that temporarily and running to a vet across the road. It seemed like a standard cat/dog vet so I didn't have super high hopes, but the vet there ended up giving me a syringe of styptic (a liquid, not a powder) and a roll of bandages. The styptic stopped the bleeding and I didn't end up needing the bandages. Clemmie spent the rest of the day glaring at me and grooming her poor bloody foot, which was to be expected! She got a lot of her favourite crispy treats afterwards, and some strawberry and apple.

I didn't realise I haven't actually updated in a while! The buns are doing well apart from yesterday's clipping drama. I've moved into a new house with two housemates; it's a 4 bedroom so the buns are lucky, they have their own room! My housemates love them and really enjoy interacting with them, they often sit on the floor or lie down to pat the buns and the buns seem to be fine with this. :) They don't try to pick them up or bother them, they're really respectful and I'm so thankful. The door to the room is open during the day, but the buns seem content staying in their room for now.

tumblr_o3cqs6SU4N1qadoszo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o2s2s7Dkr21qadoszo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o2tsksKcKT1qadoszo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o3aoz6tYDp1qadoszo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
The cuteness is overwhelming! It's so great to hear that your roommates are really on board with the rabbits, and how lucky that they have a whole room to themselves! I don't think most people "get" rabbits, but given the chance to spend a decent amount of time with one, they realise how unique and interesting they are with their own personalities.

The cuteness is overwhelming! It's so great to hear that your roommates are really on board with the rabbits, and how lucky that they have a whole room to themselves! I don't think most people "get" rabbits, but given the chance to spend a decent amount of time with one, they realise how unique and interesting they are with their own personalities.
It's great! Neither of them have had rabbits before, so I'm glad their first experience with rabbits has been a nice one. :)

When I'm doing dishes, the window above the sink actually looks through a courtyard area into the bun's room, so sometimes you can see them snuggling together against the window. :p

We took our first trip to an emergency vet tonight - Felix was acting very strangely, backing himself into a corner, refusing any food including his favourite treats. He's going through a moult so I suspected he might have groomed him (and Clem) a little too much and gotten a blockage. The vet we saw was lovely, she wasn't specifically a rabbit/exotics vet but she treated Felix so well and thought he was so cute, gave him an injection to help his gut move along and I took him home. He's since passed some hair-filled poops and is eating hay again. :)

I'm sorry to hear that Felix was not well, has he shown improvement today? So glad the vet was good too. :)

Yes, he seems much better! After taking him home that night he was already eating some hay, and I went in to give them their pellets the next morning and he was running around excited, as usual. :)

They love you too!

They're being a bit more social recently. They seem to be loving their own bedroom, and the extra attention from my housemates. They both tend to come to me for snuggles in the morning when I give them their hay before work, and before I leave them go to sleep at night. :)

Awww, that is so sweet that they do that :D I'm so glad they're bonding with your more. What gorgeous bunnies.

Grumpy sassy little things are having NONE of the hay bale I just bought. There's SO MUCH of it, and they're being so prissy! They've eaten baled hay before, I think they just got spoiled by the fresher bags they were getting for the past few months, and they've been stink-eyeing the hay for the last day.

:rollseyes

Long time, no update!

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/showthread.php?t=86591

So we ended up keeping the lovely bun I posted about here. My boyfriend has named her Delilah and she's become his little princess. She has access to the house most of the time, otherwise has her own room at the front of the house. She's not been spayed yet, so she's not able to hang around with Felix and Clem just yet. She's the most affectionate little thing I've ever met - she loves to give kisses and loves to get snuggled. She'll jump up on the couch if she's not getting enough attention!

tumblr_odt0p8c3kH1qadoszo1_1280.jpg

She loves lounging under my desk when I'm at my computer.

tumblr_odc1mjtRSo1qadoszo1_1280.jpg

Meanwhile, Clem and Felix are as cute as ever.

tumblr_ocpghhbHJJ1qadoszo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ocpgmjafAu1qadoszo1_1280.jpg

Latest posts

Back