ThankYou!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dajeti2

Reaction score
I want to take a moment to say I am ever sograteful to all of you. You helped make a truly horrible day a littleeasier to bear.My husband and son were as devestated as I am when Itold them what happened. I showed them all the heartfelt replies and weall were able to find some comfort.

Apollo has been truly amazing through this day. He knows when the tearsare going to fall again because he is right there in my lap, nuzzlingmy neck. For the first time, he jumped up on the couch and laid downwith me. He keeps running to all her favorite places looking for her.When he can't find her he runs to her cage looking for her. Is thereanything to make Athena's passing easier for him?

Thank you all with all my heart. I am etenally grateful to have met so many truly loving and wonderful people.

Tina

I know it is probably the last thing you want tothink about, but if Apollo is really affected deeply by her passing,perhaps another doe might be purchased or rescued. Evenanother animal of a different species might work, too.

When our Moolie died, we bonded his widow to a young buck. Itwas like a May-September romance and the years just seem to shed offher and she became a spry and lovely young doe once again.

We all know you and your familyare grateful for our sympathybecause we all know how special you all are. Anybody who,"could love a duck" that looked like that has to have heart ofgold! Most of us know what a heart like that feels uponlosing a precious bun like Athena.

My heart aches for you. Our buns, who 've led the way acrossthe Bridge, will see that she is warmly welcomed, I am sure.

Buck

aww...we love ya tina! poorlittle apollo :(..."looking for her"-that made me cry. batman alsosends his deepest sympathies- i told him what happened & iswear his little eyes got sad. like i said before, you (and yourfamily) are in our thoughts. <3

I have to agree with Buck and get him a newfriend. Some buns are just made to be bonded. We had two buns whoseverely grieved and that was our solution. Remember you can neverreplace her but get someone completely new to enhance your lives

Hi Tina,

I've been thinking about you all day again today. I even had one of ourdear-hearted posters today email me because she was crying aboutAthena.

I'm going to play devil's advocate for a moment and say that I'd holdoff getting another rabbit unless you and Apollo decide it's best.You'll be able to tell by his behavior if he needs another companion.

If you do decide he does due to an irreversible personality/mood shifton his part, I'd let Apollo pick his next companion at a shelter. BuckJones has taken his rabbit into a shelter and allowed different one'sto individually be introduced to his pet, and they had decided forthemselves as Buck could observe who got along best.

You'll be able to tell a difference in his personality if he is notable to get over Athena, at which point, you can take the next step ifyou wish.

For now he needs a lot of extra love, attention, talking to, andnurturing and perhaps a stuffed animal in his cage would give himsomething to snuggle up to at night. If he's not in a highly-traveledarea of the house, I'd put him there if you can. He'll appreciate thecompany.

-Carolyn

Our rescue has a bunny dating service just to seehow one might react to gifferent bunnies. Bonding can be difficult soas Varolyn said let Apollo be the judge and pick out a friend

Bunty,

A bunny dating service is the cutest way I've ever heard it described.

-Carolyn

Bunny Dating Service works like this. There is anarea we use that the buns have bever been. The owner and the futuremate can go on the web site and see the buns available for adoptionthat are in rescue or fostered. We then introduce them and all sit onfloor to look fro good signs as well as signs of agression. They gave alittle house to go in and room is very open amd airy so they do notfeel stress. We have the owners hold their bun abd one of us the mate.It proceeds to the owners holding and loving on both then we put themdown and see what they will do. It is fun for real to seethem and their reactions. we then send them home for a try with the onethat works out best and are a phone call away if problemsarise. also the couples get treats

Bunty,

Thank you so much for that explanation. :dude:

That's the way to go if you're looking for a companion for your bunny.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back