Territorial Bunny Getting Spayed - Advice?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scarly

Reaction score
My 6 month old Lop x Rex is getting spayed in 2 weeks.

Some back story: she had perfect litter habits until she was 4 months, now she likes to pee and poo anytime I mop, if blankets are washed etc, she also started peeing on the couch, so we don’t let her up anymore and infront of any closed doors.

I know that after spaying it takes a month or so for hormones to calm down. While she is recovering is it best to let her roam around as she pleases (obviously without her jump on things) and she will likely continue to pee and poo infront of closed doors etc, or is it best to keep her in her own room (approx 220 square feet) where she always uses her litter box perfectly?

I kind of just want to leave her in the room and go in to spend time with her there. This lets me thoroughly clean the house multiple times to really get rid of her scent everywhere in hopes that she then won’t be tempted to pee and poo in the rest of the house after her hormones have calmed down.

Thoughts?

I would keep her confined in that space. 220 sq ft is plenty of room. The last thing you want is for her to start peeing, marking the rest of the house again.

Latest posts

Back