Teresa's Vet visit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:cry4:I cried.:cry1: She kept licking me andcuddling into my neck. She was on the table when the vet went to takeher, she jumped into my arms and cried out. I feel like such a rotten***. :tears2::cry3:nerves1

Pipp did that too, when she went for her dentalsurgery. A flying leap from the table right into myarms. If I wasn't so upset I would have been thrilled.

Normally I wimp out and get somebody else to be the bad guy and take her in.

Little comfort I know, but you're lucky that she'll associate all thepre and post op misery with the clinic and not with you.That, and the medical monitoring, are the advantages of theovernights.

You get to wear the white hat.

Will be thinking of you both.:pink iris:
smiley_abkt.gif
smiley_abkt.gif
smiley_abkt.gif
smiley_abkt.gif
smiley_abkt.gif
smiley_abkt.gif
smiley_abkt.gif
smiley_abkt.gif
smiley_abkt.gif
smiley_abkt.gif
smiley_abkt.gif

sas :pray:and the gang :clover::clover::clover::clover::clover:

No matter how upset I am I make myself go. I am the mommy as my moms ays.

Same here. I would have done anything for her to be like that any othertime. She is the least friendly of the bunch. She goes in sometimebefore 3. They will call me as soon as she starts to wake up and getsmoving. Of course if anything goes wrong.

Thank you guys. I have her cage ready. Extrablankets so she can be comfy. I put it the corner litter pan so thatshe doesn't have to jump over hers. I am going to ask them but I wouldlike to hear what you bunny people have to say about these questions.Oh and her stitches are inside.

1) Do I let her eat the minute she is here?

2) Do I let her out her cage at all? Or do I keep her confined(sp?)?

3) Whatdo I keep an eye out for?

Way to go Teresa!:bunnydance:

1. Yes. Have her hay ready and give her pellets andher regular veggies immediately. While you're at it, move herfood and water close to her litterbox so she doesn't have to move muchif she doesn't want to.

2. Keep her confined for several days. If you needto let her out to clean, block off an area where she can move aroundbut not run and jump much.

3. Before you put her in the cage, take a good look at herincision. Changes like increased redness, swelling, wetness,or tears mean you should call your vet and ask his advice.Also, if she's being picky and eating only veggies at first she mightget a little diarrhea. It's okay as long as it's mild andclears up when she starts eating hay and pellets again.

I'm so glad thatthings went smoothly :bunnydance: And I know you'll do everythingpossible to make her recovery as speedy as possible :thumbup

She is home. Has cleaned herself. Explored hercage. Now on guard staring at me, ok so she is laying down staring atme. Hasn't eaten yet but we have only been home about an hour.Considering everything I am not concerned yet. She peed outsidelitterpan on her new blanket. I think it was revenge. She always goesin the litter pan.

All in all things are good.

:elephant::elephant:SHE EATING HAY in thelitterpan, she gets out poos and:disgust: peeson the:pullhair:blanket.:foreheadsmack:I am to happy she is eating to care.

[align=center]Go Teresa! Go Teresa! Go Teresa!

:bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance::bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance::bunnydance: :bunnydance::bunnydance:
[/align]

Yup same night we got home. She is ignoring usbig time.:bigtears:I am going to take pictures of her tummy later. Sheis eating, and using the bathroom, AND JUMPING!:shock: In her cage. Shewon't stay still. I looked and everything seems good. She is resting abit. She has stretched out.:sleep:

Latest posts

Back