Teresa's Vet visit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JadeIcing

Reaction score
Took her to the vetSaturday for her first visit and to see if she was
spayed.She just go her belly shaved, nope not spayed. So she goes to
the vet tuesday night and gets spayed wensday.We can't make it for
drop off time in the morning. We don'r want to waste time. It needs
to be done. Why not now while I am not working so I can watch her
and we have the money. They keep her till thursday. Someone is there
24/7. She isn't alone. After 6pm its an emergency clinic. So I can
call and see how she is doing. I am freaking out. We want to leave
her because I already have to care for Ringo (shots and what not).
Also I myself have been really sick. So they will make sure she is
ok, eating and using this bathroom. I trust my vets office.

She weighed 2.30#. Teeth, and everything was great. They cut her
nails for us at no charge. Which rocks because she fights like there
is no tomorrow for us not to cut her nails.

Once she is healed we plan on taking her on bunny dates so she can
meet some nice gentlebunman to share her life with.

Aww thats too bad that she wasnt alreadyspayed. Did you ask if maybe she could stay at home the nightbefore? I know a lot of vets do this, but it really doesnt make anysense. Also, it will make her more scared and worked up before thesurgery. I would call and tell them she gets nervous in new places andsee what they say. Theres just no need for her to stay overnight.

I'll be keeping Teresa in my prayers. Hoping for a safe surgery and quick recovery.

-Haley:pray::pray::pray:

It's the drop off hours. We can't make themorning ones. Sooo yea. We have only one car, and my husband has to bein at 8am. Just so happens morning drop off is at 8am and yea its theother way.

ahhh...gotcha :)

Make sure to give her something that smells like home, like a blankieor towel. I always give my guys a stuffed rabbit animal that smellslike his buddy if he has to stay at the vets alone.

Keep us posted!

Teresa Mekare, I'll be thinking of you today! (And tomorrow).

And I'll definitely be thinking of poor Alicia, seeing as I know hownerve wracking it is.:hug1 When Pipp went in, it wasexcruciating beyond words. :(

Then seeing my little baby in pain when she came home was just as bad,if notworse. They didn't give her anypain meds and she didn't eat or drink for 23 hours! (Pipp isthe biggest wimp on the planet, she doesn't do well with minordiscomfort much less flat out pain).

It's good that they're keeping her there, they can monitor her thereand give her hydration and meds as needed. She'llbe fine. It will all be a distant memory in short order.

Hope it's a smooth and painless procedure for little Teresa. :clover:

sas :expressionlesspipp :bunnydance:and the warren :brown-bunny:brownbunny:bunny2

I guess the thing that scares me the most is Inever had to put animal through this. These are my first pets. Most ofthe animals that came into are house were older and the vets said notto put them through it. I feel like if something went wrong it would bemy fault.

Just remember, you're doing the best thing you can for her, health-wise. Im sure she will be just fine.

I know how you feel though, my Max just had to have surgery to have his tooth removed and I was worried sick.

I'll be keeping the little one in my prayers

-Haley

Well she is sitting next to me on the couch. Iwant to give her all the attention I can before I take her tonight. Ihave the feeling I am going to cry. I have had her 7and a half monthsand we have never spent a day apart.

She goes in tonight between 5pm-6pm eastern. Surgery tomorrow and I pick her up thursday any time after 8am. $195 total.

I'll be thinking of the two of you. Iknow how rough it is to bring them in for surgery, even a routine onelike a spay. Do you have all her favorite treats and veggiesavailable? I spoil them shamelessly afterwards.:D

Oh, and you could also make a "rice sock." Put dry rice in asock and tie it up. After the surgery, warm it in themicrowave and give it to her. It will make her feel morecomfortable.

Ok. We are getting her a brand new blanket, mymom is getting her a new hanging toy. We are also getting her a newcage, or Xpen, or doing something with NIC.

Latest posts

Back