(Tentatively) Introducing...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spring

Reaction score
[align=center]
June29.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]The Flintstones!

[/align]
[align=center]AKA Pebbles and Georgie (BamBam)

[/align]
[align=left]Wow! Never thought I'd be making this post! :) I think we have bonding! After multiple days of 5+ hours together.. I figured I would see how Georgie reacted if I were to put Pebbles in his cage. I knew this could be very bad or very good, but just wanted to see where they were at. I put her in, and Georgie had absolutely no territorial issues/complaints. He hunkered down right away wanting to be groomed! This was Saturday, and I kept them together in the same cage with only a bit of mounting on Georgie's part for a few hours. I decided to not try to push my luck and have them together overnight.. so I put Pebbles back in my room for the night.[/align]
[align=left].. which brings us to today! I finally decided to move Pebbles into Georgie's cage and see how it goes. They've been together for a couple hours, so I feel confident they are now bonded. Lots of cuddles and grooming! Also if anyone read my previous thread about Pebbles and her eye nipping, it's all but stopped now that she's in Georgie's cage.. sodoing really well![/align]
[align=left]Hopefully things work out. This has been on and off since August, so I'm very pleased they've finally 'clicked'. Especially since we are going to be entering the very hot season soon.. better for Pebbles to be downstairs than upstairs. She's a bit confused that she's now caged (after being a free roam bedroom bunny) but I'm planning on moving the two back upstairs into my room in the fall once the weather has cooled off..[/align]
[align=left]Sorry for such a long post! Have loots to figure out with caging arrangements.. but that willbe for another post ;).[/align]

[align=center][/align]

well done! they look pretty happy together... that is great.

do you have any bonding tips to share with me and everyone else?

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Well done!

Thanks guys!

I didn't really do anything too special near the end of bonding, just seems they decided (mostly Pebbles) that having a friend wasn't such a bad idea ;).

They spent the night together with no problems.. I think I took it harder than both of them! :D Very strange not having Pebbles sleep at the foot of my bed or hear her racing around at night.. was too quiet! So I'm counting down the days when the summer heat is over, so can try to bring both upstairs. Will see how Georgie handles the carpet and baseboards.. hmm..

Thanks guys! Very happy.. still strange seeing them getting along so well. Not sure why they suddenly clicked after 10 months.. but glad they did!

Latest posts

Back