Tell Me Your 3 Favorite Books

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agnesthelion

Reaction score
I'm an avid reader and never without a book. I always like to hear people's favorite books. Makes for great reading suggestions too AND you get to know people a bit as well.

Here are my 3 (so hard to narrow it down)

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

The Crimson Petal and the White by Michael Faber

The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova

So what are yours!? :)

The Historian is fantastic!
It is really hard to narrow it down. If I have to pick just three, I will have to say:

The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare
The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon (I know, not a single book)
Watership Down by Richard Adams (I read this over and over again to various buns at the SPCA and the story never gets old)

Watership Down by Richard Adams (I read this over and over again to various buns at the SPCA and the story never gets old)

^^^love LOVE this book. It should be on my list too. :) I read it every couple years. It's one of the most amazing books ever....

Never read The Witch of Blackbird Pond.....my friend just brought this up not too long ago....I need to check it out..

I have The Historian on my shelf waiting to be read.

This is really hard for me....I hate choosing!

John Irving is my favorite author hands down.

My favorite book is Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman.

I also really love Karen Marie Moning's Fever series.

Also, The Hob's Bargain by Patricia Briggs.

Whew. That was tough. I hate choosing favorite books!

I know it's weird that my favorite books aren't by my favorite author...I have a lot of favorites by Irving...but I think at this moment, right now, I would choose the others and still hold him close as my favorite.

Oy.

I have a What Am I Reading page on my blog if anyone wants to check it out! I list the books upcoming that I'm going to read. :)

Are we still working on the book club idea in RO?

http://raisincane.weebly.com/what-im-reading.html

Samara wrote:
Are we still working on the book club idea in RO?

I got my book in the mail yesterday and getting started. I am still planning on posting the questions on June 25th for discussion. I have not heard yet if we can get a subforum for it.

Everyone is welcome, the thread is in Let your hare down.

I know it's weird that my favorite books aren't by my favorite author...

^^^im like that too! Wally Lamb is probably one of my fave authors yet his books aren't on my list :)

I also saw the RO book club thread. Keeping my eye out for the book. I rarely read books as soon as they are published because I hate paying full price! Hahaha I'm a frequent of half price bookstore and the planned parenthood book sale (any of you have that in your area? They are awesome!)

Hmmm... hard to choose, but I'd say:

• The Moon is a Harsh Mistress by Robert Heinlein
  • Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neill Gaiman
  • To Serve them All My Days by R.F. Delderfield

Pride and Prejudice
Watership down
The wheel of time series - Robert Jordan
Brave new world
Childhood's end

Sorry, I know this is more than 3 but I love these the most!
:p

I love reading but am bad at picking favorites of anything! Here are my favorites though, one is a kids' book.

Watership Down by Richard Adams (How could I not love it?!)

Fluke by Christopher Moore (This one is very different from the others, it's very funny and just rather weird)

Stonewords by Pam Conrad (This is the children's book. It was the first book I ever read where I noticed things like word choice and imagery)

Watership Down by Richard Adams (How could I not love it?!)

^^^another Watership Down fan! Yay! I know it, that book is fantastic!

How lovely to see R F Delderfield mentioned - for me he's a local author.

I'm not sure about choosing just three favourites but the first would have to be Dracula by Bram Stoker. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova, Watership Down, any Terry Pratchett, any Du Maurier...the Poirot stories...

Watership down (my favourite book)
The hunger games series
The enemy series - Charlie Higson :)

Loving all the Watership Down fans!

I want tom read the Hunger Games too. Haven't seen the movie or read the books.....

Hmmm it's hard to narrow it down to just three books. I read a lot. I like Patricia Briggs' books a lot. I also like Sarah Dunant's Birth of Venus and In the Company of the Courtesan. I've reread those a few times.

I finally read The Hunger Games haha after it has been out forever. Decided to see what all the fuss was about. It was ok. An easy read.

I read alot too Emily and it is hard to narrow down to three! I keep thinking of more that I loved!

I liked seeing The Historian mentioned on here too. Sooo good.

I also loved Wally Lambs "I Know This Much Is True"

Latest posts

Back