Tell About Your Wild Bunnies!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChocoClover

Rabbit Geek
Reaction score
Many people have funny stories and photos of wild rabbits just waiting to be shared! Post you wild rabbit pictures and stories here!

The other day, I looked out on my yard and saw three wild bunnies! There were (I think) two males and one female. The two males stopped really close to my window. One pulled fur out of the other's back, then the other got up and started giving chase! The female ran like here was a predator from the males, but I'm pretty sure the bigger male got her. I hope we are going to have baby buns out here. They are fun to watch. Well, I am going to have baby buns from my own buns, but that's a different story.

I saw this and started wondering. My old bunny, Otis, was kept in an outdoor wire hutch. What if he sired a litter of bunnies! I would be very surprised if he did, but it would be cool to see a bunch of little Otises running around outside.

We have several wild rabbits in the abandoned industrial estate, lots of open over growth ground for them to run about in.

Problem was many people kept spraining ankles if they stepped on the borrow and their foot fell through.

Last year I was climbing a local mountain, Slemish, (Its more a hill to be honest) but half way up I seen a wild hare, lovely colour coat on it, but as soon as it seen me it ran off. Lovely creatures though.

Oooh a wild bunny thread! I have a wild bun (eastern cottontail) who likes to hang out under my backyard shed. At first I started calling it "Mr. Nibbles" but soon discovered that "Mr" was a "Mrs"! Mrs. Nibbles ended up having quite a few litters over the years. One night my dog started whining and circling one of my rose bushes. When I went out to shush her, I discovered a fluffy mound of baby bunnies! I counted seven of the little guys. I saw that litter a few more times when they'd creep out from under the shed while I did yard work. Once when I was pulling dandelion weeds out of my garden, I found two cuties pigging out on the dandelion flowers I'd thrown behind me.

Oooh a wild bunny thread! I have a wild bun (eastern cottontail) who likes to hang out under my backyard shed. At first I started calling it "Mr. Nibbles" but soon discovered that "Mr" was a "Mrs"! Mrs. Nibbles ended up having quite a few litters over the years. One night my dog started whining and circling one of my rose bushes. When I went out to shush her, I discovered a fluffy mound of baby bunnies! I counted seven of the little guys. I saw that litter a few more times when they'd creep out from under the shed while I did yard work. Once when I was pulling dandelion weeds out of my garden, I found two cuties pigging out on the dandelion flowers I'd thrown behind me.

Awwwww baby fluffy buns!!

Latest posts

Back