Tehehe, I am getting ANOTHER Flemmie :-)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Must_Love_Pets

Reaction score
So as most of you know Thor has passed as of Saturday. I purchased Thor through a Flemmish breeder who I love dearly. She has been breeding flemish for a long time and I respect her very much. I keep more in touch with Barbi who has a rabbitry in Lathrop which is who I got Smooch (BEW MINI Rex) from and all my fresh hay and feed. She is the one who helped me with Thor not the breeder I purchased Thor from. I never called and told Angel (Thors Breeder) what was going on with Thor but my sister had informed her before he had been put dowm. See my sister or actually my Neice has Thors sister "Echo" She is a black Flemish and a naughty agressive one at that. So On Saturday Barbi felt so bad about what I went through with Thor and watching me try so hard to make him well, she gave me Bertha who I already love and adore. Now mysister had called Angel again to let her know that Thor was put down, she was devistated knowing how much Thor meant to me and how lovey he was. She offered me another Flemmie baby so I can show again. I said to myself WOW! What great rabbit people I have replationships with, so nice and so understanding. Then I thought, WOW! Ihave never had 2 Flemmies, this would be great. I have more than enough room for them and certainly more than enough love to go around. So I am now waiting for Angel to call me back to tell me what she has available. I am chomping at the bit with excitement. WHO can resist a baby Flemmie???? UHH NO ONE THAT I KNOW!!!! I do not want to get another Steel, it would remind me of Thor way too much. I am really wanting a light gray Flemmie.

Yes!!!! That is so great. The best way to honour such a loving big guy like Thor is to share your family and love with another lucky bunny or should I say 2 bunnies. I am so happy for you Julie. Life is just too short not to have great bunnies in it. Can't wait to see what colours you end up with. Big Bertha is an incredible rabbit. Lauri my daughter in Alberta had a multi coloured flemish giant doe that made Big Bertha's dewlap look small. Guess like humans some female rabbits are better endowed. lol

LOL, Alma, yes that is true, some are more uh.....yeah. Infact my sister and I call other womans well delveloped uh...you knows "dewlaps" instead of what they are really called. Especially when my neice is in the car. The other day we saw awomen that was, how do I say, very noticable and said WHOA get a load of her dewlap. Tehehehe My sister and I laughed for a good 20 minutes.

I am really excited about raising another flemmie baby.

How exciting! Can't wait to see the pictures! I'm dying to get a Flemmie one day. ONE day! :D

Also, I laughed out loud (for reals) at the "Dewlap" statement.. I might start saying that. I don't think anyone else would understand though! :p Hilarious!

Meg

i have to agree the "look at those dewlaps" is HILAAARIOUS!!! i definately will remember that and what makes it even funnier is that not too many people would get the joke!!! and congrats on the new baby!!! can't wait to see the pics!!!

Latest posts

Back