Teeth trimming

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adrianagriselnguyen

Reaction score
My little Netherland Dwarf bunny, Obi, has malocclusion, and I know it’s best to leave it to the experts, I always take him to our vet to have his tooth trimmed..but right now with the Coronavirus outbreak and us living in California’s Coronavirus epicenter, Santa Clara County, I’m not sure what to do...I’m nervous to attempt trimming his tooth myself but is there a way to maybe gently file it down a little until the stay-at-home order is lifted?
Also, I know that taking him to the vet is considered an essential, but again his vet being in the city of Santa Clara makes me hesitant to venture out..

I honestly would not try to file it down on your own, especially if you've never done it before. It could end up doing more harm than good but that's just me. Maybe you can call the vet and discuss your concerns with them and let them reassure you that they are ensuring safety protocols are enforced? If not, I would cross fingers and hope that the shelter in place will be over in a few weeks.

(BTW I work in Santa Clara too so I totally understand the worry. Just make sure you continue washing your hands and keeping 6 ft away. I myself have to work because my company is considered an essential business.

Welcome to the forum!:D
I would call your vet and see what they think. They will be able to tell you if you need to trim his teeth and how to do it. I think you understand that only rabbit-savvy vets should trim a rabbits teeth, so I don't need to tell you that. ;)

Welcome! If they say go ahead be super carefull, the nevers are really sensitive and can be damaged easily. Good luck though and stay safe and healthy!

Latest posts

Back