Teeth grinding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briennap

Reaction score
So I read a lot about how buns grind their teeth when in pain and when they're being pet.
Well my bun does not seem to be in any sort of pain she's as happy and normal as she is everyday, but she's laying in her bed and I'm not petting her, but she's grinding her teeth. Not for long periods on time not even longer then 30 seconds probably but just right when she settles down to sleep.
Is she just doing it cause she's content?

Some buns will do a contented chattering when they are nestling down to sleep. Just a normal thing for them. To determine if teeth grinding is from pain, you also look for other signs to go along with it, such as changes in behavior, not eating, eye squinting, sitting hunched up and not moving around for long periods. When you see these things with the teeth grinding, then you will know that something is wrong. Also teeth grinding from pain is usually a louder harsher sound, than contented tooth purring.

Yeah I guess it does sound more like a chattering now that I've listened, it isn't really loud or harsh sounding.

Latest posts

Back