Teddy isn't eating 😟

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They can. If she's drinking more because she's hungry from not being able to eat hay, some rabbits will sneeze after they drink from getting water in their nose. Or possibly from drooling from dental related problems. It can also happen if there is a dental infection that has spread to the nasal cavity.

If it's a dental problem, there's no other way to correct it besides seeing a vet. Even if you have to travel an hour or two to get to one, I'm afraid it's going to be necessary or it will just get to the point your rabbit won't be able to eat at all. If it's a dental problem. If there's any chance it's a problem with the hay, I would explore that possibility first by getting a completely new bag that is from a different hay batch(should be a number on the bag to identify the batch. Then if your rabbit still won't eat the new hay, it's a good bet it's dental related.

Is your rabbit eating pellets and veggies normally without any problems? Do you normally limit the amount of pellets each day, and if so, had you increased the amount at all since your rabbit stopped eating hay?

She eats hay and pellets just fine, and I increased her food since she isn't eating hay.but I do feed her way more veggies than pellets. Is that ok

As long as the extra veggies don't cause her poop to get mushy, I can't see that it would be a problem. And if she is eating her pellets and veggies well, then it sounds like she's getting an adequate amount of food for now. But you will need to figure out if it's the hay that's the problem, and if she still won't eat the hay from a new bag, get her into the vet in the next couple days to get her teeth checked.

Latest posts

Back