Teaching Myself Guitar

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishbunny

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Well we have an acoustic guitar that we put in the attic and no one uses, I decided earlier that I should try and teach myself to play it. Anyone done this before? I'm basically going to learn off the internet. Anyone, who has thought themselves or plays guitar, know any good sites for learning?

Thanks!

I taught myself, is your guitar a steel string or a nylon string? It's easy to tell, one is steel and the other is a plastic.

Saudade wrote:
I taught myself, is your guitar a steel string or a nylon string? It's easy to tell, one is steel and the other is a plastic.
I think nylon, I'm not exactly sure, I still haven't taken it down. I'm going to start teaching myself over Christmas when I have time. Have you got any good links or anything for teaching yourself?

Best bet- get a Guitar Method book. Do you play any other instruments or know how to read music? That really helps. Start with the basics (learn your strings, learn the positions, simple tunes) then move on to chords. I know, they always try to get you into chords early... don't be so tempted. To understand the music you need to know what makes up the chord- individual notes played together. How can you learn the whole when you don't know the parts, understand?

Also, do some research on your guitar- type, action, strings.. it will help understand the sound.

Do you have a tuner? You MUST have a tuner.

Latest posts

Back