Tallulah Maesie, the angel bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm new to the site and I just read through this thread for the first time. Your Tallulah was just gorgeous and there's no question there was something special about her eyes! I can see her love shining in them and I can see your love reflected there. Thank you for sharing your beautiful bunny and your besutiful soul! You are a wonderful writer and I was touched by everything you wrote about your grief for dear Tallulah. I absolutely related to every feeling you described.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My heart still aches with sadness
and secret tears still flow.
What it meant to loose you,
no one will ever know.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Binkie Free, Tallulah
:rainbow::pink iris::rainbow::pink iris::rainbow::pink iris:

Another thread about bunny favorites made me just cry and cry over my Lula girl. It's been almost 5 years, will I ever stop mourning her? Am I being ridiculous? It's not like she's my human child that died! And it's so weird to think that she would be 5 now. My little baby girl, middle aged? How I wish she were still with me and actually 5 years old, though :( At least I still have my Rory and my other bunnies. Kerensa has much of the same charm that Lu had. It's not the same for sure and their personalities are pretty different, but I'm glad I have her adorable, floppy eared little fluffy self to love!

We only had Nik-Nik with us for 4 months and she's been gone for almost 7 years, but there isn't a day that I don't look at her picture and "sigh", so there is nothing wrong with how you feel. There would only be something wrong if you didn't feel this way. Sending HUGS!

Some buns are just super special, aren't they?

Wanted to update and say my little girl finally has an urn. I looked and looked and looked and just couldn't find the perfect one. Even purchased a couple but they ended up not being quite right, so her ashes have stayed in the little cardboard box they came in. For my birthday my mom gave me this urn: http://www.monstermarketplace.com/c...elry/baby-urn-keepsake-angel-wings-memory-box It's perfect for her. Wish it wasn't coated in glitter but my husband is going to try to remove the glitter, I hate glitter and think it makes things look tacky. This is an urn I first spied a couple of years ago so I'm glad to finally have it and that Tallulah's ashes have a special place now!

My baby Lula's been gone five years later this month. FIVE YEARS. I still miss her like mad. Today I randomly came upon some photos and videos of a little baby girl who looks just like her. I mean, the markings aren't exactly the same and I could tell the difference between them in a heartbeat, but the bunny looks like her sister and her name is even a name I considered for Tallulah. These are videos of little Clementine: http://www.youtube.com/user/thuytrang2800?feature=watch Made me cry like a baby! I think I need to find another Holland Lop baby girl with broken tortoiseshell markings. I know the bunny won't be my little Maemae but it could help, right? I will wait a few years until my current bunny family shrinks a bit. How morbid is that, waiting until some of my other sweet bunnies die?! Of course just because a bunny looks like Lula doesn't mean it would have the same amazing personality (Tallulah was the loviest bunny I've ever met) which could be hard.

I don't want to post a link to someone's Facebook page, but Clementine's owner has a ton of pictures of her and she looks just like Lu. Her body shape and the shape of her face and ears and everything, and her warm brown eyes... Clementine even had a runny nose when her owner got her but things appear to have worked out better for her than they did for my girl :( There are also some pictures of Clementine lying on her back on her owner's lap, just like I used to do with Lu! The owner even posted some pictures of Clementine's mom and they look just like Tallulah's mom, too! That opens its own wounds since some people may remember that I came THISCLOSE to getting to adopt Tallulah's mom thanks to some freakish coincidences, but in the end was not allowed to because the person who had her mom appeared for all intents and purposes to be mentally ill.

Let's just simplify things and have Tallulah come back!

Last edited:
All I can say is that I believe in heaven and fully expect all of my lost bunnies to be waiting for me when my time comes. It's hard not to miss them though.

I certainly hope that's true, JBun! Lula and Cinny and Skyler and Nomi definitely deserve to be in heaven.

It's been more than 8 years since Commodore Stockton went to the bridge and theres not a day we don't miss him. As to heaven, I'm always reminded of a Twilight Zone episode where a guy is walking along and comes to a gate, but the man who claims it to be Heaven says no dogs allowed. The guy replies to him if no dogs are allowed, I don't want to come in either. Turns out that was Lucifer and dogs are allowed in heaven but they can smell the Brimstone and won't go in the other place.

I love that, Larry. To me, it wouldn't be Heaven without our beloved pets.

Shiloh, I can hardly believe it's been 5 years, but then I lost Pernod just after, so I guess that's right. Time moves on, but they remain in our hearts forever!

Jan

Jan, I remember how awful it was that Pernod died so soon after you got her to Canada! And Larry, I definitely agree with you. Heaven wouldn't be right without our pets. I kind of think we all just go away after we die but it's nice to think of our sweet bunnies frolicking in heaven.

I've unfortunately had a lot of pets die because they've all been small animals, with the exception of my kitty (who is only a year old and healthy as can be!). Mice, hamsters, fish, rats, bunnies, birds (people who remember the baby bird fiasco know what I mean). I'm honestly not sure why Tallulah is the one that my heart has glommed onto. As I've said before, I didn't love her any more than my first bunny, Cinnabun. Skyler and Nomi died after her but she's still the one that makes me the saddest. Is it because she was so young and I don't feel she got to live a full life? Nomi was only a year old when she died and Skyler was 2, so they weren't exactly up their in age, either, but I also didn't meet them until they were adults so maybe their young ages didn't seem as obvious to me.

It will be "interesting" (I put it in quotation marks because while it will be interesting, heart rending and horrifying are better words to describe it!) to see if things change after Rory dies. It is simply indisputable that he is my favorite bunny. In all honesty, when Tallulah was still alive, if I had to pick between the two of him, I would have chosen him. Thank goodness he's still perfectly healthy at 6 years old, but I know the date of his death gets closer every single day. I wonder if after he dies, the pain I feel over Tallulah's death will be eclipsed by his, or if I'll go back to her after a while, or maybe (hopefully?) with time I will kind of release both of them :( I will ALWAYS miss her and love her but it would be nice to look back on her short life happily instead of with tears in my eyes.

In other news, a week or so ago I submitted a drawing of Tallulah to have made into a pendant. This is the small company that does it: http://www.kidzcandesign.com/examples They don't just do kids' drawings, obviously! It's a drawing of Lula asleep on a crescent moon that Minda drew. She gave me permission to make a couple tiny changes so it would work for a pendant better. It should be ready in a couple weeks and I can't wait to get it! I will wear it all the time. Would share the drawing but I kind of want it to be a surprise :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back