Talk to me about flopping...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skip&Piper

Reaction score
Hi all!

So, everything I’ve read says that when bunnies flop, it means they are happy, relaxed, not feeling threatened, etc. Piper will flop pretty often, but Skipper not so much.

A few days ago I was cutting their nails for the first time, and it was s stressful experience for all of us. When they would hop away from me though, they both flopped down on the carpet almost immediately and this confused me, because I sure didn’t think they were happy or relaxed at that time! Is it possible that they can do it just because they are worn out? Or should I be happy in the fact that if they flopped so soon after nail clipping to mean that they still love me, haha, and maybe even feel better that their nails are shorter?

upload_2019-1-12_12-7-8.jpeg

Some buns will flop more often than others. It really depends on the individual bunny

Yeah, they'll do it when they are worn out and hot too. But it also means they probably weren't too distressed by the incident. After nail clipping, mine usually foot flick or thump at me, then proceed to run into the corner away from me. So yours obviously deal with it much better than mine :p

Well I’m happy to hear that it seems like they weren’t too stressed out. It was super stressful for me but by the end I think we had it figured out. I was definitely surprised to see them flop so soon after we were done!

I have yet to see them thump at me, so hopefully that’s also a good sign, haha!

Latest posts

Back