Symptoms of Kidney Problems

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Folks.

I'm going to remain as optomistic as I can.

It's not over 'til it's over.

:)

-Carolyn

Carolyn, although I am very new to this board it became quite obvious to me from day one how much you love your dear bunnies. I am so sorry you have had such a hard time with them lately, I hope everything goes well for you, and it sounds like you are a GREAT bunny mom, I will keep you in my thoughts.Tracy

Thank you so much, blossombunny. This is my baby girl. She's such a little Love. :)

Carolyn, don't apologize for bringing anyone down. You never could. We want to know what's going on with you& Tucker town, whether or not the news is good. You and your rabbits are so loved.

Fauna is such a beautiful girl, and you have given her more happiness than she's ever experienced. She might just hang in there for a bit longer to soak up all the lovin' she can. I'm thinking of you both. Give Fauna a hug for me.

Love, Sarah

She's so adorable, love those Holland Lops!! So sorry to hear about her troubles! Keep the faith, things might turn out better than you think!Tucker is a prime example!! You did the right thing by posting this thread! There are alot of us out here that don't have any experience with kidney problems with our bunnies; now we know what to look for! I'll be thinking of you! ;)

Thanks so much Sarah and Auntie Nae. She is an adorable little Love, isn't she?

attachment.php

I'm sorry to hear about Fauna possibly being sick, especially after what you went through with tucker :? she's very lucky to have the chance to be with you & tucker, considering the life she came from before. hopefully things will work out for the better!
my thoughts & prayers are with you
~pam
on a side note - carolyn you of all people shouldn't hesitate to post things like this & worry about bringing us down! you're always there for each and everyone of us..whether it be through good times or bad.. let us have the chance to be there for you :) (not trying to speak for everyone else but i think anyone thats been on here &knows how wonderful you are would agree!)

Oh my goodness....I haven't really been online for the past few days and just read this. Seriously, I am getting choked up right now just thinking about it. :(

I know you gave that bunny the best life she could have. Without you,she wouldn't have made it. With you, she knows love, what it is and how to give it. I will be hoping for the best and anticipate the results of the blood work.

I'm so sorry you are faced with something like this so soon after what you just went through with Tucker.

Oh Carolyn, I can't believe you are having to go through all this again. I am hoping and praying for the best for you and Fauna - she is such a beautiful girl. Bless you for giving her such a happy life after the awful start she had. Honestly, I am just keeping everything crossed for you all- Jan

pamela227 wrote:
on a side note - carolyn you of all people shouldn't hesitate to post things like this & worry about bringing us down! you're always there for each and everyone of us..whether it be through good times or bad.. let us have the chance to be there for you:) (not trying to speak for everyone else but i think anyone thats been on here & amp; knows how wonderful you are would agree!)
DITTO

Personally, I have an appreciation for theexperiences in life that enrich character. The good,the bad, and the ugly. It's what makes the world go around.I suppose in a perfect world things would be nice, pleasant, and healthy all the time. But who would appreciate it? I encourage anyone who finds friendship and comfort on this board to share with others without feeling burdened about bringing someone down. Participation is voluntary. If someone needs a lift, they can head for a different thread. - Raspberry

Wow, thank you guys so much. :)

Went to the vet's today, much to my surprise, Fauna had gained some weight since her last visit. She was 3.3, now she's 3.7. (Yay!) The doctor actually thought that was a pretty substantial weight gain for her in 2 months.

We're going to do a urine test and rule out the simplest things first.Checking for diabetes, urinary tract infection, and building from there.

The uterus has what feels like two horns. They both felt good, so glad no tumors, lumps or growths there or anywhere on her. Bladder's good;Teeth are good.

The tail is a concern, but we're trying to break that down too with the testing. She's got full range of motion, which is a good indication that arthritis isn't a big issue at this time. (No thickness in the joins, no popping or crunching.) Lymph nodes not swollen. Ears were waxy, as they were last time, so the vet cleaned them out. Once the wax was out, ears proved to be clear.

So that's where we are for now. Pretty good if you ask me.

In case it is a kidney disease, failure or problem, Kathy Smith had told me that they treated an 8 lb. rabbit of hers with kidney failure with 50 ccs of Sub Q fluid a day for two weeks. When they took the rabbit back to the vet, his values were back to their home range, which is amazing. So I was encouraged to learn that sometimes fluid therapy can help with kidneys. That said, she wouldn't be gaining weight if it was a serious problem with the kidneys, however, I only noticed the wet tail being like this for the past two weeks.

We'll see.

Thanks again for your notes. She doesn't seem to be in pain which is a great relief to me.

-Carolyn

P.S. Thanks for your kind words and for being there for me. Pamela227 stops in just to check on us as she lost her precious Oreo weeks ago and is still having a very had time grieving the loss. I just wanted to give a special mention to her strength to stay in touch when she doesn't have Oreo anymore and she's unable to get another rabbit at this time. Bless her heart.

OMG! I just read this. Mypoor Fauna. :( So they don't know what's wrong withher? :(:(:(:(

Carolyn wrote:
The uterus has what feels like two horns. They both felt good, so gladno tumors, lumps or growths there or anywhere on her. Bladder's good;Teeth are good.

I'm assuming that the vet is aware there are supposed to be 2 uterine "horns" :):)

Pam

Hi Lissa,

We're not sure what's going on with her. I have to get some urine fromher with some special beaded litter they gave me that won't soak up theurine and bring it back to the hospital. They'll test it, and hopefullywe'll have a better idea then.

Yes, Pam,

The vet was the one who informed me of those horns.

(Always suspected she had horns with her devilish ways with Tucks, now I know for sure!)

By the way, is there anything I can give to keep the wax in her earsbroken down? They were just cleaned 2 months ago and they needed to bedone again.

-Carolyn

Oh no! I just got online after a two day hiatus from the computer and read this. Poor Fauna!

And Poor Carolyn! We are pulling for your guys on this end!

Even the devil bunny Gir.

Big hugs to you there Carolyn, and to Tucks and Fauna

Dear Hearts,

No need for "Poor Fauna and Poor Carolyn". Fauna is not uncomfortable except when I have to give her her beauty sponge bath at night. If this happens so that she must join the crew of her friends listed in the Rainbow Bridge post, then so be it. It was a natural thing that happens with age, she will not suffer, and she has a ramp to get in and out of her 'bedroom', so she's quite comfortable as far as I can tell.

She's eating, pooping, drinking, and enjoying a treat when she can get one. She's loved and she knows it and she has all of you guys out there that think she's so precious.

She's going to be okay, no matter what. Even if I have to say goodbye,sooner rather than later - and we're not sure of that yet, then I'll be happy that I met up with her in my life.

We're okay now, just hit a bump and saw some symptoms that relate to old age. Getting old stinks, no doubt! I won't let her suffer though and if she passes at home, that'll be horrible for me, but great for her.

Don't be sad.

-Carolyn

Tell her to hang around a bit, if she can. The Jones' are coming with some more parrot treat for her and His Honor. She might like to get in a gobble or two before she runs across that bridge.

Buck

Latest posts

Back