Symptoms of Kidney Problems

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fascinating thread, Carolyn. I'm glad that Fauna's better (I'm so glad to "know" her!) and that you shared this with us.

P.S. I think Specific Gravity has to do with the amount of salts/dissolved molecules in fluid.

Specific Gravity is a measure of the relative concentration of the urine. Normal range of SG of rabbit urine is1.003-1.038 (human urine is 1.002-1.028). Some diseases, such as Diabetes Insipitus (not more common Diabetes Mellitus) cause kidneys not to reabsorb water so urine is less concenmtrated.

Lazyacre wrote:
The longest lived rabbit I had was a Netherland Dwarf Himi buck,he was over 12 (and would lived longer if rabbit sitter had been morecareful), a friend had a Flemish live to 17. It's more their relativehealth, diet, and environment than breed or pedigree that deirmineslongevity.

:yes:

And what type of diet did you and your friend give the rabbits, Rick? Any greens? How often?

Thank you for the clarification on the specific gravity.

Thank you, naturestee, for your kindness. I'm always watching my littlegirl now. Don't know what caused it and am not sure if she'd be proneto it as she ages. :?

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back