Symptoms in doe...pregnancy or metabolic issue?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4kr

Reaction score
Well out of the two does that were bred, one is definitely pregnant! Palpated positive for sure. The other doe I don't feel a thing, absolutely nothing. Could it be possible that the babies are high up in the upper abdomen or could she not be pregnant at all? Everything feels soft, and no masses or fetuses.

Her behavior however, has gotten WORSE! She has started biting and lunging at me, growling, seems likes she's starving to death, I've never seen a doe gulp down feed like she does and within a matter of minutes the cupful is gone. It's not one nibble either, she literally opens her mouth and crams everything she can in her mouth at one time. DH's should have about a 1/3 cup and she eats 1 cup in 10 minutes and then gnaws on the wire wanting more food....lol. She is a 'bigger' girl, like twice the size of my other two DHs(probably 3-3.5 pounds) so maybe she has a metabolic issue going on instead? She can also drink an entire 32oz water bottle in a day which is odd to me for such a dwarf breed, it takes my others a week to do that. She pees a lot too, I have to change the pan daily because of soaked pellets everywhere, not just in one corner. I'm an RN and if a person were having these symptoms I would want to ask about any diabetic issues/history. I'm not sure whether to try to re-breed her and see if she's receptive or just wait until after the due date. Wish they had a rabbit pregnancy test and a way for me to check her sugar! LOL:biggrin2:

Ok, so I took the 'devil' out, she's bit me twice-meanie head!!...and she has ONE baby in there. I don't know how I missed it, so I'll not rebreed. This attitude has got to get better or she will not be with us after the litter. GRRRRRRR....

Oh it's gets better. Right now Bell is the opposite of Herself. She's being sweet. Sarah on the other hand was real mean towards the end of her pregnancy. She's still meanbut will slack off over acouple of weeks

Latest posts

Back