SYF Results

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueCamasRabbitry

Reaction score
So we just got back from two days of Spring Youth Fair.

Today was the type judging (all the judges were up in Monroe yesterday, :p) and we got a shocker during the MR judging!

Kailua, who I originally typed out to be pet quality, took BOB, and BOV! The judge had nothing but amazing comments for her, and said she was going to be hard to beat as she grew up! So, at 12 weeks old, she got her first leg (or 2? Does she get one each for BOV and BOB?) I am so proud! One of my goals this year was to have a homebred rabbit take BOB at an ARBA or 4-H Show, and it happened!

We also took home BOB in Polish, as well as BOV; and also BOSV for our REW Jr. Buck, Veradero (does he get a leg for this?)

So, after Kai's big win, we made a huge decision. We are selling out of all of our rabbits (except for Magic, Chancey & Kailua) and we are going to pick up two really really typey herd bucks in the summer for Chance & Kailua!

We also sold Sage today, so now we just have to find homes for the rest of em. ;)

I will add pictures tomorrow. All the bunnies are sleeping and resting, glad to be back in their cages.

Emily

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
Kailua, who I originally typed out to be pet quality, took BOB, and BOV! The judge had nothing but amazing comments for her, and said she was going to be hard to beat as she grew up! So, at 12 weeks old, she got her first leg (or 2? Does she get one each for BOV and BOB?) I am so proud! One of my goals this year was to have a homebred rabbit take BOB at an ARBA or 4-H Show, and it happened!

We also took home BOB in Polish, as well as BOV; and also BOSV for our REW Jr. Buck, Veradero (does he get a leg for this?)

Emily

The show has to be ARBA sanctioned in order for the rabbits to get legs.

A rabbit can only earn "1" leg per show (so a rabbit winning its class, BOV, BOB, best 4-class and Best in Show only gets 1 leg.)

For the Polish: There must be a total of 5 rabbits shown and 3 exhibitors. Veradero could get a leg for BOB if those requirements were met (even if there were not enough in his class or variety).

pamnock wrote:
BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:

Emily

The show has to be ARBA sanctioned in order for the rabbits to get legs.

A rabbit can only earn "1" leg per show (so a rabbit winning its class, BOV, BOB, best 4-class and Best in Show only gets 1 leg.)

For the Polish: There must be a total of 5 rabbits shown and 3 exhibitors. Veradero could get a leg for BOB if those requirements were met (even if there were not enough in his class or variety).

The show was sanctioned - only place we've ever managed to get legs at before.

Ahh okay. :) That's what I figured.

Yeah, there wasn't enough in the Polish's class, so she won't get a leg, but she already has 3 - enough to get granded.

Emily

Latest posts

Back