Switching food

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnyrabbit12345

Reaction score
I'm reading and hearing different things . I am in the process of switching my almost 7 month old min rex over to adult pellets because I was told they are finished growing at 6 months and no longer need younger pellets . And she will need to be feed 1/4 cup of pellets once a day with unlimited timothy hay and vegetables like she has been getting . Now I'm hearing I should keep her on her young rabbit pellets until she is a year old fed 2x a day ! What r your thoughts ? She is 3lbs and will 1 year may 22

It's fine to switch to adult pellets now. Smaller breeds are mature around 6 months. A large or giant breed does take longer to mature, so can benefit from being on the young food for longer.
I divide up the pellets into 2 feedings per day, so give 1/8 of a cup each feeding.

Hmm....I have a large bun, an elop and I've been told that this breed reaches maturity at 7 months. He'll be 7 months Dec. 1st. He's eating oxbow young rabbit pellets, about a cup and a half a day. I too am about to change him to adult formula this next order, and he'll be cut back to about 3/4 cup a day in two feedings.

My son has a Holland lop, and we changed hers and limited to third a cup per day at 6 months. Both of ours get two salads per day and unlimited hay.

Latest posts

Back