Swiffer ingredients

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreddysMom

Reaction score
Just wanted to a make a quick post aboutsomething my mom told me. Someone she knows dog's died recently. Theycouldn't think what the heck it could have been b/c the dog was youngand in good health. It turns out the dog was slowly being poisoned bythe swiffer things the lady used to clean her floors. Apparently one ofthe ingredients in swiffer liquid is anti-freeze and to anyone whodoesnt know it smell extremely sugary and sweet to both humans andespecially animals and is highly toxic. so just a word of caution foranyone who uses swiffer products around their pets.

Yikes, I didn't know that. Thank you for lettingus know. I was planing to move Devon and Amber's cages off the linoleumfloor and then use a swiffer this weekend. Guess I won't be doingthat!:shock:

I just went and looked on my Swiffer boxes and there is a warning to keep out of reach of toddlers and animals.

Better safe than sorry. I don't use them on my floor, so I'mnot too worried. I won't use them anywhere near thecritters.

Laura

Elf Mommy wrote:

That's a great site! If you read through it, it breaks down pretty much every point of the legend.

Still, FreddysMom's mother's friend lost her dog to anunknown cause, which is very sad. But with so many householdchemicals being dangerous, it would be impossible to know which was theculprit without the necropsy results.

I understand but the thing is that even ifSwifer did have antifreeze in it, the animal woul dhave to stillconsume a good amount of the chemical to even get sick from it muchless die from it.

I don't see how using a Swifer, which squirts a small amount ofcleaning solution onto the floor where it is almost immediately wipedup and then dries almost as fast, could be a danger. If anyare still concerned about this, then I would suggest only using vinegaror lemon juice tomop your floors with then, considering howmuch wetter the floor is after using a mop and bucket.

Just my 2 cents.

I use Swiffer on my bathroom floor (the onlyfloor in this house that's tile) and we haven't had anyproblems. The dogs are in there all the time -- Harley, myLab/Rottie, likes to sleep in the bathtub and Jake, my Yorkie, followsme everywhere I go. The buns and ferrets have the run of theupstairs when they have play time, so that includes the bathroom andthe rats have almost all their play time in the bathroom.

FreddysMom: Did your friend look into the dog being poisoned?We had a dog poisoned when someone threw her a steak laced withantifreeze.

Jen

Jen,

in a large Toronto park last year we had dogs poisoned by some sicko.They had buried hot dogs laced with poison. Unfortunately the personwas never caught.

im terribly sorry to hear about the dog

with lucy we dont use any chemicals around our house now

just good old bicarbonate of soda and viniger

another

cleaning tip if you have a really burnt pan

just fill it with coca-cola and boil it it

will get your pans gleeming

varna xxxx

Latest posts

Back