Sweet Meadow Farm's Timothy based pellet...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

Everything that Sweet Meadow Farm offers is nothing less than world class. Al provides hay to us that is awesome....and their customer service is second to none. I order from them by lunch, FedEx has it that afternoon. Shipping costs might be an issue due to your location and will most likely result in an inflated price over some of the other pellets. I would like to try some of American Pet Diners products....but they are really proud of their products (outside of their inflated shipping costs) and I consider them to be very overpriced. And by the time shipping is added, they have priced themselves out of my business. But I have heard nothing but good things about their products as far as quality. And Oxbow....I rarely use any of their products for various reason including quality and consistancy. We got some of their products, and not just once, that were well below what I consider high quality....lots of dust and stuff both in the hay and pellets.

I do use a Purina product that I have been very happy with. And I know this will create a firestorm of debate on the "timothy vs. alfalfa" discussion....but anyway. I have found the Purina Rabbit Chow Complete Plus to be a good fit with our rabbits. It is a pelleted food without the cute little treats, we find very little dust in the mix and it has supplemental fiber added above what you normally see in most pellets. Our rabbits love it. It comes only in ten pound bags which is great for those with only a couple of rabbits. And a quick note on my view of pellets....healthy adult rabbits do not need pellets to survive and live good and we use pellets only to maintain body weight and conditioning of each individual rabbit....and the bottom line is that pellets should be such a small part of a healthy rabbit's diet that it doesn't matter if they are alfalfa or timothy based. There is another pellet I am considering trying with our rabbits and that is one of the Calf Manna products. I think their base pellet is basically junk but I would seriously consider the "Sho" formula. And Mazuri (part of Purina) also offers a high quality pellets (as I have found that all Mazuri products are very good). An advantage of the Purina (including Mazuri) and the Calf Manna products can usually be order thru local suppliers.

Randy

:pI feed Sweet Meadow. I can drive to the farm. Ok so it would bea few hours drive but well worth it. The guy is really awesome and does rescue events with the local rabbit rescue.

Al is great as Sweet Meadow. I found out about him from Pam at Sweet Binks. We have never been disappointed in any way with the products or customer service. He seems to do buisiness the old fashioned way. Wish I could drive to his farm...even if it were a couple of hours. I place orders every week. Just a fantastic operation in my opinion.

Randy

Pam rocks! Have not met her I foster for 3bunnies but I have been told of everything she does for bunnies.

ra7751 wrote:
Al is great as Sweet Meadow. I found out about him from Pam at Sweet Binks. We have never been disappointed in any way with the products or customer service. He seems to do buisiness the old fashioned way. Wish I could drive to his farm...even if it were a couple of hours. I place orders every week. Just a fantastic operation in my opinion.

Randy

You should visit her. I never knew a place so peaceful existed in that area. And her set up is perfect. It was a long trip....and we had a sick bunny with us since we didn't want to miss his medication...but it was worth it.

I thought of our experiences as we drove....and my wife had never been to NYC. Something interesting to me was that we were stuck in traffic (due to an accident) right in front of the WWE headquarters. Since I do pro wrestling every once in a while...if I had known we were going to sit there so long, I would have walked over for a visit. And while I had been to the city....I had never really been in the rural areas...so beautiful.

You are in a great area with 3bunnies, Sweet Binks and Sweet Meadow farm literally in your back yard.

ra7751 wrote:
You should visit her. I never knew a place so peaceful existed in that area. And her set up is perfect. It was a long trip....and we had a sick bunny with us since we didn't want to miss his medication...but it was worth it.

I thought of our experiences as we drove....and my wife had never been to NYC. Something interesting to me was that we were stuck in traffic (due to an accident) right in front of the WWE headquarters. Since I do pro wrestling every once in a while...if I had known we were going to sit there so long, I would have walked over for a visit. And while I had been to the city....I had never really been in the rural areas...so beautiful.

You are in a great area with 3bunnies, Sweet Binks and Sweet Meadow farm literally in your back yard.

Maybe I will someday.

Hehe I was passing by it one day I asked my friends to stop but they said no. :grumpy:

I am very lucky. To be where I am. I also have an awesome vet with other great vets here too. It is why I don't want to leave. I said if I move has to be within driving distance of my vet. :p

Morgan gets 1/4 cup of pellets daily. He won't eat veggies and eats less/or a handful of hay daily.

Marlin gets 1/4 cup of pellets daily. He eats a little bit of veggies and eats less/or a handful of hay daily.

Brody gets 1/4 cup of pellets daily. He can eat a bus full of veggies and will eat a trailer full of hay....if he could, lol.

So, it seems like pellets fly-by so fast over here.

Since Sweet Meadow will cost me an arm and a leg, how about American Pet Diner's pellets?

ra7751 wrote:
I have heard only good things about APD as far as quality.....I just think they are over priced.

For their "Timmy" pellets, I can get 50lbs including shipping for $10 cheaper than Oxbow.

I just want to know that they are a good quality pellet :).

I was just looking at the Sweet Meadow website and I think ordering it from there would be a lot cheaper than what I pay at the pet store. I have 6 rabbits so I go thru a lot of stuff. Thanks for letting me know about it. :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back