Sweet but aggressive bunny.. help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caitlint770

Reaction score
So I've had George for about a year now, and he has quite a personality. He has an obsession with digging and chewing stuffed animals, blankets, pillows.. basically anything fluffy. I usually just remove or block off the areas I know that he chews (although it is difficult since he likes digging a corner of my bed). He free roams with my other bunny Bella, luckily she doesn't partake in his mischievous behavior and he also has a variety of different toys that I swap around every few days. The problem is, is that when George gets into his digging and chewing ways, he can get aggressive when removed or when I approach to tell him no. George is generally very, very high energy and sometimes i am lucky where if i say no, he'll binky away. He does make me nervous at times where he will come at me if I try to remove the object away from him (its gotten to the point where I have to shake the treat bag in another room to get him to stop). So I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to calm his aggressiveness down? I do want to mention that i handle him gently and I try to avoid picking him up because he doesn't like it very much.
(Sorry for the long post, but its hard to talk about George in a shorter manner 😅)

Does he have a digging box?
I made one a little while ago with paper shreds and both bunnies thought it would be fun to use it as a litter box. I wouldn't mind making another one though, aside from paper, is there another material i could use for them to dig?

I made one a little while ago with paper shreds and both bunnies thought it would be fun to use it as a litter box. I wouldn't mind making another one though, aside from paper, is there another material i could use for them to dig?
I have used a large, tall plastic box with a bag of topsoil in it. But, yeah, it's a nuisance if they use it as a litter tray. If they don't eat cardboard (just rip it) then cardboard boxes are good for digging too.

I have used a large, tall plastic box with a bag of topsoil in it. But, yeah, it's a nuisance if they use it as a litter tray. If they don't eat cardboard (just rip it) then cardboard boxes are good for digging too.
Yeah they love cardboard, luckily they dont actually eat it but they do like tearing into it. Initially i just filled a cardboard box with ripped paper and bits of cardboard but again they liked it more as a litterbox. I have considered doing a topsoil one but I'm nervous of it turning into a big mess.. when you had the topsoil dig box, did you find that the dirt would trail out of it or stick to their little feet?

Yeah they love cardboard, luckily they dont actually eat it but they do like tearing into it. Initially i just filled a cardboard box with ripped paper and bits of cardboard but again they liked it more as a litterbox. I have considered doing a topsoil one but I'm nervous of it turning into a big mess.. when you had the topsoil dig box, did you find that the dirt would trail out of it or stick to their little feet?
If the box is tall enough they don't kick the dirt out. There will be a little soil on their feet but I didn't find it made a big mess.

Latest posts

Back