suspicion

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnylover78642

Reaction score
Is it weird that someone in Canada is offering me$200 for a black lab mix... You could get one for free anywhere. I eventold them I would give it to them for free but they insist on giving memoney. So I told them 10 dollars, so they emailed back and said theywould give me 200 dollars so that I would not accept other offers. Plushe will pay for shipping. What is the currency between Canada andUnited States.

1 US Dollar= Blank Canadian Dollars

That does sound suspicious!

[align=center]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=+1]1.00 USD[/size][size=-1]
United States Dollars [/size][/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=+3]=[/size][/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=+1]1.20874 CAD[/size][size=-1]
Canada Dollars [/size][/font][/align]

$200 for a mutt is pretty suspicious to me. Dontdo it. You never know if said person could be taking the dog tolaboratory, or something like that.

Do be careful -- there are many scammers on theinternet. They send a bad check for a large amount of $$$ andask you to send them the overpayment back. By the time theirbad check is caught -- you've already sent them the money and have beenscammed. They surf all the ads on the internet and hit peopleselling anything fromcars to rabbits.

This request raises a red flag -- I wouldn't take the chance of dealing with this person.

Pam

Oh, my god!!! When you said western union Irealized you are right!!! He said he was going to send me a check of3050 for the shipping and payment and then send him the rest of themoney back. He said to cash it at Western Union. What do I do now??? Ican't tell him I suspect him of bad doings...

All you have to do is ignore him and block himfrom your email (after sending him a link to the scam site to let himknow you are on to him).

Pam

Bunny thatsounds way too OFF!!!something isnt r ight with this .investigate investigate anddo some more investigating , NO ONEpays that much for alab mix unless theres a badreason behind it .200.00 plusshipping this sounds morelike someone is getting paid bya Lab or want it forsomething even moreshady

bunnylover78642 wrote:
Oh, my god!!! When you said western union I realized you areright!!! He said he was going to send me a check of 3050 for theshipping and payment and then send him the rest of the money back. Hesaid to cash it at Western Union. What do I do now??? I can't tell himI suspect him of bad doings...
OH yesyou can and reportthis to your localpolice dept , i hopeyou saved anycorrasposes from thisguy it will help policein the investigation

Cinnabun wrote:
Deny him! tell him you found a BETTER home for the doggie!
took the words right out my mouth ;)

You could also send him the link to like pam suggusted. that will probley scare him alway.

-ashley

Oh good!! I' mglad you didn't decide to let this stranger have your puppy.

It's true, you can pretty much get a lab X for free anywhere, or at least adopt one for like $75.

Someone wanting to pay $200 just did not seem right.

I get those types of emails all the time...theyare more of an annoyance then anything. They would NEVER come out tosee you, all they want is your money. Trust me if you are sellinganything you are most likely to get a couple of those emails.

~Amy+Nimue~

Good Call! ;)

By the way, even though he was "made", he may still attempt the same thing on someone else or under different names.

I would also forward the email / correspondance to the following people:

Internet Fraud Services
http://www.internetfraudservices.com/index.html

National Fraud Information Center (NFIC)
http://www.fraud.org/

Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/edcams/spam/index.html

I forward all scams & even certain spamtotheabove links wheneverthey cross my email inbox...I've even went as far as to email someone's ISP about anemailthat I got... needless to say, it's no longer in service;).

~Sunshine

MyBunnyLovesMe wrote:
Oh good!! I' mglad you didn't decide to let this stranger have your puppy.

It's true, you can pretty much get a lab X for free anywhere, or at least adopt one for like $75.

Someone wanting to pay $200 just did not seem right.
haha come adopt a dog here i think the cheapest is $100 thereare some $200 and $250... for $75 you can adopt a cat at one ourcheaper local shelters..

Latest posts

Back