Suspected GI Stasis help?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonannuniel

Reaction score
this started a day or two ago, first he stopped eating, then stopped drinking, and he hasn't been going to the washroom, i searched it up and GI stasis seemed to fit the symptoms. He isn't in pain, he just looks uncompfurtable. now, the problem is that i'm only 15, and am stuck at home with none of the small town vets open. I read that tummy messages & simethicone help. I gave him a message, and i started hearing gurgling after a few seconds, is this good or bad? also, where would you get simethicone? does gas-X count as one?

He's a mini lop x lion head cross, under a year old

What is the diet? Once in stasis, the proper response is hydration. That can be done either by orally giving water thru a syringe, infused by sub-q or IV or by eating leafy greens such as romaine lettuce or dandelions. A combination of hydration along with movement usually will help to get things going again. And a yes on the abdominal massages and simethicone.

Randy

he has a very picky diet -- that's part of the things that struck me as strange when i bought him, he only eats his pellets ( which are mixed with timothy hay & other dried veggies ). i give him a box full of timothy hay on the side which he barely touches, i have given him all sorts of fresh veggies and he doesn't even bother to sniff them let alone eat them. I just checked on him and he is drinking from his bottle, but it's alot less than normal ( which worried me).

My Barbie has gas a few weeks ago, we gave her semiticone, (in england you get it in infacol, something you give babies to help with gas lol) and it worked wonderfully.

We'd give her the infacol then a tummy rub and leave her to it for a while, as she refused to eat, i blitzed up banan and apple juice and she ate this through a syringe happily.

If you start this asap, then your bun could be better in a few days.

Barbie is now even bigger and fatter than before the gas episode lol xxx

thank you for the advice you guys! he's doing better, he went to the wash room over night ( what a wonderful surprise to see in the morning! ) and he's much more energetic, so i'm hoping he'll get better from here on in.

Latest posts

Back