Supply List Petco

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatkiidsean

Reaction score
Hey guys, I posted a thread about what Petsmart had and I promised you guys I would do a Petco one! They didn't have as much small animal supplies as I would like. Here it is:

Classic Kennel XXS $29.99
Petmate Replendish XS Feeder 2 LB Blue $14.39
Pet Stages cattox Bat and Scratch $4.99
Activity Pet toy Jungle Talk $11.99
JW Pet Activity Toy Triple Mirror with bell $4.99
Critter Toys Roll-N-Carrot $3.99
Farmers Market Natures Home $24.99
Planet Pets Wood Wheel with Ball$2.99
Petco ABC wood chews SM $3.99
Smal Animal Life Chew Toys $5.99
Petco litterbox $14.99
Sm bag Care Fresh Ultra $7.99

They didn't carry Oxbow. I was very surprised, what is another good brand of pellets. They have a brand called Mazuri. I only heard of it in Tortoise feed. Do they make good bun food? I know Sweet Meadow is a good brand but I would have to order that. Whats another good brand? DO I use the carefresh as a bedding or litter box substrate? Also Is my water dish a good one? Or is it too much for a bun?

Thanks!:bunny5

I can't really comment to much on petco or petsmart because I live in Australia but I picked up a plastic box for my bunny for $3 from our equivalent of dollar tree I also got a lot of hard plastic toys from there that my bun just loves. I use fleece blankets for bedding and breeders choice (same as your yesterday's news) as litter. I use to also use puppy wee pads because my rat was getting too old to get himself to the litter tray and had accidents quite a lot by the end so that was easier for me to clean up and it meant they were not sitting in his mess while I was at work all day

i highly recommend purina rabbit chow complete. i wouldnt feed anything else from the chain pet stores. you can buy in at Aubuchons
web_complete_rabbit_chow_50.jpg

my rabbit isn't a huge fan of toys. she loves cardboard boxes from lowes or home depot and then i put some large fabric scraps in and she digs and chews the box. the only toy that she actually likes it the willow balls at petsmart (which she destroys)
7e6dcf593aa72c794397c679f893e3bf.jpg

don't buy the giant feeder!! you only need a bowl. you will be feeding a set amount per day to an adult rabbit. pellets will make them fat. right now, my mini lop is getting 1/2 or less a day (1/4c in the morning and 1/4c at night). i keep her water in a bowl. it is easier to keep clean and easier for her to drink out of compared to a water bottle.

don't get the mirrored bird toys either. i have that toy for my birds and it eventually broke. it also has small parts that could be ingested. unlike birds, bunnies don't really care for mirrors. if you do get plastic toys, get the larger toys made for rabbits (there should be a large 5" or so plasic ball at petco). you can use bird toys, but keep away from the plastic ones.

the nature home is a good choice, i don't know if they will be able to fit in it, but they will enjoy chewing on it. have have a carrot toy make out of the same material, and my rabbit loves to chew it and i restock the top with hay for her to eat.

as for the litter, i am not sure what other people use in their litter boxes, but when i first had snickers using one (before i found worms in her poop and stopped it) i just used pine shavings, which are ok to use for rabbits. right now i use cozy 'n fresh pelleted bedding from tractor supply. i will never go back to using shavings. this litter is absorbent and keeps the odor to a bare minimum. i have a grate, so she never touches the bedding. care fresh is good. i used to buy it when i had a hamster. i found that the ultra was better than any other kind. the normal stuff is just not as good
spacer.gif

the kennel you have is good, i have one similar for transportation. what kind of hutch are you planning on getting? indoor or outdoor?
i have this hutch for my mini lop. it is spacious. the entire grate comes out for easy cleaning. the roof opens so you can pick them up/feed/water them from the top. when i take her out i just put a folded blanket on the door/ramp and she comes out. the tray is galvanized steel, which her pee kind of destroyed, so i just put a cut down litter box with the pellet betting under her pee spot. it is really a great choice.
spacer.gif

i have this indoors and i also take her outside in a fenced in area to run or on a leash (get a cat harness from petsmart/petco. don't fall for the small animal harnesses. they don't fit, they are uncomfortable, and they are hard to put on)
http://www.petsmart.com/cat/harnesses/grreat-choice-cat-harness-zid36-9701/cat-36-catid-200081?var_id=36-9701&_t=pfm%3Dcategory

some pics of snickers :)

this is her room in the cellar. ignore the labels.. her dig area now has a huge box, i only laid down to do summer reading a few years ago (now i watch tv with her), the dig box is not there, there is hay bags in the back….etc etc you get the point. i still have the same foam flooring for her and i have a new fan (from walmart) on her cage for the summer. though its in the cellar, it still gets warm for her.

don't forget to add a furminator to the list! the smallest is $30, but it is worth it. this pile of fur has gotten bigger since the pic was taken

What exactly does a furminator do? I plan on getting an x-pen for indoors and keeping my bun in the x-pen while I am out of the house. When I come back, the rabbit will have free roam in a rabbit-proof room.

a furminator is a shedding tool that loosens the undercoat and takes it out. it is so easy to use and worth the money. people say that slicker bushes work for them. i have one but it does nothing compared to a furminator. the slicker is for smoothing and detangling the coat and the furminator is a shedding tool.

Latest posts

Back