Supplements for rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BinkyLouie

Reaction score
Hi guys, I haven’t been here in a while and honestly it’s a good thing lol but I’m here to ask if oxbow natural science supplements actually work for rabbits? For example, the urinary tract one and the digestive support. I bought some for him this weekend and I’m awaiting for them to arrive soon but before I actually give it to him should I have any concerns? I’ve read reviews about it and they seem good. Has anyone bought these for their small pets? I also wanna mention whether it would be okay to feed him two tabs a day of those supplements since I bought two bags or should I only use them when I think he needs them? I’m not sure what to do. I don’t wanna do something bad and him get sick. Reasoning as to why I bought them? He chews on a lot of things and his urine color could be better. It’s always orange which I’ve read isn’t bad but is it good? Thoughts?

Well, my 2 Cents: I guess those supplements exist for the same reason why there are aisles full for humans - because people will pay a lot of money for it.

You can't fix a bad diet with supplements. Pellets already are a supplement. Feeding rabbits isn't rocket science, no matter if the marketing tries to spin it that way, the pet market is big money.

I wouldn't feed (or take) stuff if there isn't a medical reason to do so. Even if those rabbit stuff are just overpriced treats with little effect.
If it's about feeling better, believing the marketing, spending money - that's the rare situation where I think homoeopathy has it's place - doesn't any good apart from psychological effects, but unlike some supplements it can't hurt either.

Latest posts

Back