Supplements for rabbits

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

BinkyLouie

Reaction score
Hi guys, I haven’t been here in a while and honestly it’s a good thing lol but I’m here to ask if oxbow natural science supplements actually work for rabbits? For example, the urinary tract one and the digestive support. I bought some for him this weekend and I’m awaiting for them to arrive soon but before I actually give it to him should I have any concerns? I’ve read reviews about it and they seem good. Has anyone bought these for their small pets? I also wanna mention whether it would be okay to feed him two tabs a day of those supplements since I bought two bags or should I only use them when I think he needs them? I’m not sure what to do. I don’t wanna do something bad and him get sick. Reasoning as to why I bought them? He chews on a lot of things and his urine color could be better. It’s always orange which I’ve read isn’t bad but is it good? Thoughts?

Preitler

Loony bunny guy
Reaction score
Well, my 2 Cents: I guess those supplements exist for the same reason why there are aisles full for humans - because people will pay a lot of money for it.

You can't fix a bad diet with supplements. Pellets already are a supplement. Feeding rabbits isn't rocket science, no matter if the marketing tries to spin it that way, the pet market is big money.

I wouldn't feed (or take) stuff if there isn't a medical reason to do so. Even if those rabbit stuff are just overpriced treats with little effect.
If it's about feeling better, believing the marketing, spending money - that's the rare situation where I think homoeopathy has it's place - doesn't any good apart from psychological effects, but unlike some supplements it can't hurt either.