Super sweet new rescue girl, just had to share!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gentle giants

Reaction score
I am still doing my bunny rescue, although I have not been as active as usual the last six months or so due to financial woes, but anyway...
I had a guy call me a couple of weeks ago saying he had a bunny needing anew home. He said (and I'm sure this will make you as furious as it did me!) that at a local fairgrounds, once of their fair week events was to take a bunch of baby animals of various types and turn them loose in an arena and let small children chase them around and keep whatever they were able to catch. :X
So this guy's grandson caught this little Dutch mix bunny, and of course quickly lost interest. The grandpa, who was quite sickened by the fair event also, quickly volunteered to take the bunny, but after a while decided that she wasn't getting enough attention and so called me and asked me to take her.
This little girl is adorable! Even with having so little attention and loving paid to her, she has no problem with being held, will run right up to you and "squish" for petting, and is totally unafraid of my cats and even my great big dogs. I wish I had gotten a pic of her sniffing noses with my big collie, that was precious! I just had to share a couple of pics of her having her play time last night:

Saying hello to my mom, whom she has totally charmed.
004-2-1.jpg

Wait! Do you hear that?!
006-3-1.jpg

I do not approve of the camera flash!
002-4.jpg

shes gorgeous!! im so glad u have her now...
ive checked into the laws in the past about the giving away of live animals at fairs ,some states its illegal..but not in Arizona where i live.....breaks my heart to hear about his crap...you did an awesome thing taking this pretty girl..kudos to you:)

that is absolutely APPALLING. to give away a live animal is one thing but to let them loose to be CHASED by young screaming children? grrr makes me so mad!!!!!!!!! what if the animals died of shock? what if they were trampled?

other than that - what a gorgeous boy! i looove dutch rabbits :)

Momto3boys wrote:
I'm glad this girl has a new home now, hopefully the others are in good homes as well.
We can hope... :pray:

BTW, since I am a rescue, this little sweetie is available for adoption, if anyone happened to be interested. I have a vet that will do her spay at a discount as well, so I can get that done before she goes to her forever home.

Mmmm... little Dutchie girl.... I wanna cuddle her!!! :p Is she ablue or a black?

I would snap her up in a heartbeat, but I know Callie and Zappa are being difficult about making a new trio. I can't even find a boy who suits both of the girls... :(

btw... good to see you around again!! :)

Oh she looks so sweet, I would but I live so far away :( Not sure how my other 2 would take it either, not being the complete center or attention anymore, lol

gentle giants wrote:
Myheart- She is blue. :D And thanks, it's good to be back!

So that is why I'm so drawn to her... Mmmm... to hold a blue-baby again. Makes me sad and happy all at the same time to think about cuddling her.

I was going to ask Naturesteee if she heard any word about you since I've been thinking about you lately. Meant to be, that you showed up out of the blue. Were your ears ringing?

Wow, I would have to have volunteered to take that poor bunny too! I can't even imagine seeing an event like that, who thinks up these sort of things?

She looks like a real sweetheart, those markings are just so cute!

myheart wrote:
gentle giants wrote:
Myheart- She is blue. :D And thanks, it's good to be back!

So that is why I'm so drawn to her... Mmmm... to hold a blue-baby again. Makes me sad and happy all at the same time to think about cuddling her.

I was going to ask Naturesteee if she heard any word about you since I've been thinking about you lately. Meant to be, that you showed up out of the blue. Were your ears ringing?
LOL, that must be why I picked now to come back I guess. It's sure nice to know I was missed! :hug2:

I need to know if Angel is a submissive. Every-bun in my house is dominant and wanting to be groomed. It's so sad to see their little noses pressed throught the ex-pen wires waiting for grooming.

I know this is difficult to describe for me, but I also want to know if she is anything like my Ellie. The moment I held Ellie at the shelter, I knew she was my heart-bunny. She had this calmness, this grace that was comforting to me. I have never known a rabbit like her. Could Angel be like that?

Hmmm... I am not sure actually. Since she isn't spayed yet, she hasn't been introduced to any other bunnies here. Mabye I will try a short play session with my other house bunny this evening to see how she acts.

I am sure more people missed you than you realized. You've always been such a positive presence on this forum. :)

She sure is sweet! Are you sure you want to let her go? :p Seems like she really enjoys the idea of your place being 'home' :wink Maybe your mom wants her? Lol. Either way, I sure hope she finds a loving home and it would be great if we'd get to hear about her sweetness for years to come... :biggrin2:

Thank you, Nela! That is very sweet of you, and timed very well too, I was in a really bad mood after getting my car stuck in the snow, LOL.

I wish I could keep this little sweetie, but unfortunately there will always be more and I just can't keep them all. :(

Latest posts

Back