Super shed after neuter?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyL0ve

BunnyL0ve
Reaction score
Chuchu was neutered on Wednesday. He is doing great and eating well. He's a little pissy that he's confined to his cage, but we have no choice.. its vets orders to keep him in there for 5 days.

Since Wedneday night I noticed he's shedding a bit more.. this morning it looks like someone plucked a darn chicken in my living room! His hair is EVERYWHERE! Is it normal that he's shedding this much? Its not coming out in clumps or anything like that but its a good amount of hair. You can see it fluttering around in the air. To be honest, its driving me insane!!!!!! I want to take him outside and brush him, but I dont think he's ready for all that yet. Just want to hear what you all think, normal?

It's possible that he's just more stressed than normal, and when rabbits are stressed, they do drop fur like crazy. It could also just be random timing and he's going through a really heavy shed. You could try and brush him as much as you can while he's in his cage, and just give it a few days and see if it continues.

Latest posts

Back