Sunny and the Christmas tree....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnybunny

Reaction score
It will soon be time to put up the tree anddecorate...I'm really worried about her jumping up on/chewing on/ingesting the fake tree needles or garland or pulling the tree down onherself (we once had a cat do that, though that was the same cat whoconstantly had tinsel trailing out of her bum....)

I know we'll probably just have to keep her out of the living room, but that is by far her favourite room in the house.

Any ideas on how I can keep her away from the tree?

Last year bindy was a little bubble oftrouble and it wasjust beforechristmas when she came to livewith us, we would put a NIC cube line all around the tree when she wasout, we made it like a fence , that way tree, presents and rabbitstayed in tact;)

Worked for us. This year I am not so sure, we may have to builld thefence a little higher given that Gizzy likes to sometimes try and climbthe fence we have blocking our desks off from the rest off the room.

But we will be doing the NIC fence again this christmas;)

Last year, we only had Snuggy. Wedidn't put the presents out until Christmas Eve because I knew she'dchew the paper all off. She LOVED getting under the treeskirt and never chewed on it or the tree itself, so it wasfine.

SnuggyChristmas.jpg

I have a different problem this year. When I built the NICcondo, I had to put it in the place where the tree goes. NowI have nowhere to put the tree! I don't want to move thegirls (and really don't have anywhere to move them anyway). Idon't knowwhat I'm going to do!

Laura

Lenci opened nearly every present under the Christmas tree last year.

peacock1.jpg

Laura I know the feeling of "ohoh where de we put the tree" LOL Although ours this year is due tofurniture reasons, there'll be a bit of juggling going on here thisyear.

Lissa, so it's true there is a christmas bunny???? LOL;) Thatwould of been a fun time, watching presents being opened by a bunny, Icouldn't Imagine our lot, I think Gizzy would be the first one to tryopening the paper and if there were no toys she'd probably just hop offin disgust LOL

You might be able to try bitter bite, listerine or hot sauce by spraying it on the needles...? :bunnydance:

I can't remember where I saw the picture, butsomeone had put up some white lattice that was about 2ft. high aroundthe tree. Kept the bunz out and also looked pretty good

Thanks for the suggestions.
First I'll try the Listerine (sunny LOVES hot sauce, discovered this by accident) and then the lattice.
I really don't want to banish her from her favourite room.

Thanks for making this topic, I was wonderingabout that too. I am looking at getting a real tree this year, I amjust trying to figure out how to keep nadia out of the tree and thisthread has been very helpful.

I once heard something about somebody hangingtheir tree from the ceiling (it may have been on hear but did not findany thing in my search).

loplover wrote:
Ionce heard something about somebody hanging their tree from the ceiling(it may have been on hear but did not find any thing in mysearch).
I used to hang my tree from the ceiling when I had cats. That wasbefore we had bunnies, though. I thought I had posted something aboutthis a while ago, but I couldn't locate the thread, either.

~Jim

My little angel. :inlove: I miss her SOOOOOOOOO much. :tears2:

How could such a naughty bunny come from the same family? :foreheadsmack:

desktop1.jpg

Lissa, you mean the presents weren't all for her?:(

Two years ago Hef chewed a gift basket I had made for a friend.:X

Four years ago I had to replace two strings of Christmas lights Pocoand Baby chomped through while they were fighting under thetree. (Luckily they were not plugged in!)

Latest posts

Back