suggestions on flooring for carpet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunny34422

Reaction score
hii I'm moving to my first apartment this summer and my bunny will be coming with me. he will be roaming a 11' x 14' room but unfortunately it's all carpeted. in my current house it's all hardwood and my bun has rubber mats and blankets covering most of his room. so the original plan was to get a large tarp from walmart or TSC to cover the carpet, ceramic tiles to hold the corners down, then put his mats & blankets on top for softness, but now I'm rethinking it as I've seen some people regret using tarp and also in case he decides that it's fun to chew/rip up too.

what do you guys use, any recommendations and/or links? I've seen that sheets of vinyl flooring are pretty popular?

Why not just leave him on the carpet? My room is carpeted and my bunnies love it!

Most of my house is carpeted, and my doe loves to munch carpet.

I use cheap rugs (with the rubber backing) from a local store and put them on top of the carpet. I won't get any points for aethetics, but they work; and if they get chewed, I just replace them.

I have all wood floors which my bun did not like so I got a large outdoor carpet which now defines his area (and happens to be the color of hay since he is a messy eater!) When it gets dirty I take it outside and hose it down. Fortunately he has no interest in eating the carpet!

ON our hardwoods I bought some 4x6 rugs from walmart that were like $20 a piece to top the floor. He has marked some spots on it but I don't think it penetrated through to our hardwoods. I used them on top of our carpet in our office as well overlapped and never saw any stains get through. The beauty is as only$20 they are easily replaceable if soiled badly. He also has no interest in chewing them as the fiber is very tight unlike a standard carpet. It's almost like a large floormat.

Attachments

• bustersHome.jpg
    bustersHome.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back