Suggestions on another breed?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DharmaBuns

Reaction score
I'm looking to get into another breed but I would like to get suggestions from all of you! Right now I only have Tans, but I'm looking for a smaller laid back compact type breed as a small side project. I'd prefer for them to not go over 7lbs or so since I unfortunately have pretty limited space.

Right now I have my mind 99% made up that I'm getting Silvers (not Silver Fox), but I am also open to suggestions of other breeds. Any thoughts?

I had honestly considered Mini Rex because they come in a solid chocolate color and that is always my favorite variety in any breed. However, I've heard that there's a lot of drama in the MR club..which is exactly what I'm trying to avoid. There's enough of it in the Tan club. It's honestly making me want to get out of them all together since it's so bad in my area.

lol. Hmm Polish come in chocolate?

Mini Satins do too. So do Havanas. Dutch, Jersey Woolys, Mini Lop. I like the silvers though :)

I've heard from many that Polish are a very mellow small breed. I am not sure if they come in chocolate, but they are compact and only about 2 1/2 lbs full grown, so they do not take up a a lot of space. But I am also a fan of Silvers, although they are bigger and less common.

Nothing beats a Polish for snuggling. They are so calm and quiet. And, like Sarah said, they come in chocolate. And they're tiny, so easy to cart around with you, watch tv with you, and hang ten on you while you're on the computer. Can you tell I've been taken over by my Nestle Quick Polish bunny? LOL

I breed Mini Rex for 4 years. I loved them. There was no drama where I am from with them. If I were you I would pick a breed that a lot of people show. That way there is enough shown at each show for you to win some legs there. When I started to show Castor Mini Rex there was nobody showing them. Of course when I got out of them everybody started to show them. But while I showed them there was never enough rabbits entered to win any legs.

I have a friend that does polish. They are very cute.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I've been kinda tossing around the idea of adding mini rex, polish or lops. Still undecided. Hmmmm

Latest posts

Back