suggestions on allergy medicines

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DUSTBUNNY-CLYDE

Reaction score
I've always been allergic to bunnies and some cats, so when I got the boys, I knew I would react to them. I've been taking claritin everyday since I got them and it doesnt work so well. Doesn't help that I always have them up near my face, kissing them to death!! Anybody take another over- the - counter allergy medicine that works well? I dont want to spend another $30.00 on something that doesnt work. thanks

My husband has really bad seasonal allergies, he takes Allegra and it really helps him. He's outside a lot.
I have an issue when there is too much fur, whether dog or cat, and I take Allegra too and it really helps.

Our girls, well two of them have allergies both seasonal and to animals. Their doctor recommended Zyrtec and it does seem to work with them. I know at Wal Mart they sell it in different amounts. They have a pack o5 or 7 you could get and try and it costs under $6. It is kind of pricey but what medicine isn't? I shop once a week and buy a smaller amount so it's not so bad.

My son and I use fexofenadine which is generic Allegra. It works well for me and is less expensive than the name brand.

thanks guys!! I have to go out tomorrow and get something! I just groomed them and the sneezing attacks begin!! hahahaha!!

I get seasonal allergies and I think strongly that i'm allergic to hay. I take Allegre when i need to be active and benadryl when I dont mind falling asleep. Allegre is pricey, any generic bran of benadryl is pretty cheap.

I'm coming from a holistic standpoint here so I would suggest taking Bee Pollen supplement. It's very effective to treat allergies and also contains essential vitamins and nutrients. I started this year giving my 18 year old cat Bee Pollen and her allergies went away, no exaggeration! Every year she literally scratches all the fur off of her ears and eyes so I am amazed how effective this stuff is! It's just as effective for humans:). You can get it at any health food store but I always order all my supplements online as its a huge cost savings.

Hope you're feeling better soon:)

Latest posts

Back