Sudocrem on rabbit scar?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleEskimo

Reaction score
My rabbit got spayed nearly a month ago and its still a little scabby and taking time to heal because shes always licking it when im not around. Shes fine, still bright eyed and bushy tailed and it doesn't seem infected, just scabby where shes irritated it and stopped it healing. I was thinking of putting sudocrem on the scab because I thought it would help and I don't think it would do anything bad to the rabbit. What do you think? :)

Itwould most likely help relieve the itching for the bun but I wouldn't use a zinc product because it isn't safe for a rabbit to ingest. How about a little bag balm ?

Yeah I think it is irritating her. She doesn't seem in pain at all but watching her now she keeps taking licks at her under belly and when I try to get her attention or stop her she doesn't want to. I was thinking of bandaging it in something to help stop her getting at it but I don't know if that would just annoy her and make her chew through it or not

Are you sure that there is not an infection? it would be red in places and maybe swollen? If it looks at ll infected you probably should do a recheck at the vet ...

Was this a regularsurgery withstitches or laser with glue ?

If you don't think the incision line is infected you could put a soft e collar on her like this..

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=37841&forum_id=25

One of our members came up with this ingenious and easy to make alternative to a hard e collar ..then you could use the sudaderm

Like angieluv, I'd want to have a vet check it and see if it might be infected. If it is healthy and she just won't leave it alone, then try the e-collar. That soft e-collar looks great.

Latest posts

Back