Suddenly spraying! Help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieRae

Reaction score
My sweet, loveable, cuddly buck is suddenly spraying when i go near him! He also keeps popping out his penis when i pick him up. WTH is his deal?! He never did this before. I realize neutering will help, but he is 7 months old and i figured he was past the puberty stage. He fathered kits a month ago. Will he stop doing this or will it only get worse? I was hoping to keep him unaltered as a breeder, but I'd prefer to have a sweet bunny i can cuddle. Is neutering my only option?

Spraying is hormonal. Unfortunately, the longer you wait to neuter him, the more likely that behavior can become ingrained. Neutering is the only thing that would stop him from doing that. Some rabbits don't start to exhibit hormonal behaviors until 7+ months of age.

UGGHHHH!! :(:(:( I've never had a problem with bucks spraying before. What a bummer, i wanted to get a couple litters out of him. Neutering won't change his sweet disposition will it?

There is always a possibility that neutering can change a rabbit’s temperament. There have been a couple of posters on here looking for help because their buck went from being nice & sweet to aggressive & mean after neutering. It doesn’t happen very often, but it can!

Latest posts

Back