Sudden thumping at night

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElfNugget

Reaction score
Hi all
This is the first time we had Elf thumping at night for a long time. He would thump a handful of times in two years, during the day when he was not happy but it only lasts about 30seconds.

Last night I was woken up by huge thumping which lasted several minutes.

Elf sleeps on the bed with my daughter and she said that he thumped when he was on the bed and hopped off to continue thumping on the floor next to the bed. Then she calmly spoke to him and he hopped back onto the bed and she gave him head pats and he settled.

This morning, she asked me if rabbits can have bad dreams?? I said I would check with the forum.

Looking forward to hearing what experiences you all have with thumping and ideas on what that may be???? Thank you.

Ultimately, no way of knowing what caused those thumps, but typically night-time thumps can be attributed to the rabbit sensing something us humans cannot because of their good hearing. One of my past rabbits would routinely thump at night during a specific time, likely because she sensed something we couldn't perceive routinely.

Ultimately, no way of knowing what caused those thumps, but typically night-time thumps can be attributed to the rabbit sensing something us humans cannot because of their good hearing. One of my past rabbits would routinely thump at night during a specific time, likely because she sensed something we couldn't perceive routinely.
Thank you 🙏 we will keep an eye on him .

Attachments

• B8D8A70E-1D00-45A1-8AD7-BFAE2366D22B.png
    B8D8A70E-1D00-45A1-8AD7-BFAE2366D22B.png
    7.3 MB · Views: 4
@ElfNugget , any more episodes of Elf thumping at night?
Hello
Thank you for checking in… No, no more …thumping episode at night, phew!

This morning, Elf was nearly up on my lap, nibbling away on a bit of banana.

My hubby closed the door (a touch too loud). Elf hopped off and thumped loudly onto the floor! Hubby says what was that?

I responded: Elf telling you, he is not happy that you did not close the door softly! 😆🚪😂. Elf displaying his disapproval that he was enjoying his banana 🍌 nibble treat time and daddy disturbed and frightened him 🙁🚪😆

Latest posts

Back