Sudden death

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yasmind

Reaction score
Hi,
I’m new to this forum but just looking for advice on this...

My 9/10 month old harlequin lop passed away very suddenly Wednesday night. I had finished my night shift at 11:30 so went to see the two bunnies in their converted playhouse and he seemed tired but nothing out of the ordinary. I gave him a check over, checked his stomach and his bum and all good so just assumed he was sleepy as he kicked off at me and ran to the bedroom.
I then woke up to feed the buns at 9am to find Flint passed away in the playhouse. I was shocked. I knew he was sleepy but how can anything be so sudden like that? I was watching out as their greens had been going not as quick as usual but they were still eating breakfast and dinner and hay so I didn’t think it was anything to worry about.
I’m devastated that he’s left our 1yr 9 month old harlequin girl on her own and we are booked in for speed dating at the rescue in a few days. She’s had a health check and is all good just a sad bun.

Long post I’m sorry, but overall the question is how can a healthy bunny just pass so quickly like that! I was so sad to see it and I would like to avoid it in the future if possible?
Thankyou :)

Edit- they were both fully vaccinated and neutered. They had also had health checks 2/3 months ago. I could have a biopsy on him but for how expensive that is, I would rather donate to the rescue and also give another bunny a good home

It's awful.
I can feel your pain, my last rabbit died in my arms.
We always try to the best we can, give them everything they need and take care of them, but sometimes, it isn't enough.
She's in bunnies heaven, eating unlimited treats and playing with other amazing rabbits.

Latest posts

Back