Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elizabeth94

Reaction score
Hello, I am new as a member but not as a reader.

I have a question regarding the sudden aggression of one of my rabbits and how to address it as she has become hurtful to our other rabbit. We have two rabbits: one French lop and one dwarf/lionhead mix. The baby (lop) was recommended as a companion to our old rabbit (mix). The younger is six months old and the older is eleven years old. They have been getting on really well over the last couple months, always snuggling together. The older rabbit recently became ill and is on antibiotics; their regular vet said there is no problem keeping the bunnies together as the older recovers, but after five days on the medication, the older has begun to show signs of aggression towards our younger. She has begun nipping at our younger bunny and has started to chase her around, scaring the younger. We have separated them for now, but they live together without an enclosure (they have full access to our house). I would appreciate any advice.

-Elizabeth

Are your rabbits spayed? If the younger rabbit has just reached 6 months she'll be getting hormonal and your older rabbit may be seeing her as a rival rather than a baby.

Another suggestion is that your older female is still feeling unwell and cranky? Do the antibiotics appear to be working? As prey animals rabbits can feel very stressed when ill and try to hide it with other behaviours.

Latest posts

Back