SUCCESS!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lalena2148

Reaction score
I work for a newspaper and suggested a storyabout notbuying Bunnies at Easter (or if you are that youneed to be informed about what it means to own a rabbit). They arerunning it this week! Not only that, but they interviewed people at theAnimal Welfare League about it, and about adopting instead of buying!And TWO of the bunnies I posted in the Rescue forum from there lastweek get their pretty pictures in the paper (W-34 and W-38)!:bunnydance::elephant::bunnydance::elephant::bunnydance:

EDIT: LOL...Can someone change my Topic to SUCCESS! ...I have seemed to misspelled the heading!

aurora369 wrote:
There you go, better?

Good for you! I hope some people actually listen to the article....

--Dawn
:thanks:for changing the title! I felt like an idiot after I read it! :imstupid

I hope people listen to ittoo! And the bunnies that arefeatured in the article will hopefully be adopted out to loving,caring, bunny-savvy homes! :bunnyheart

And, after they post the photos in the paper, I can scan them andactually put them on the forum! I'll scan the article as well so youall can read it.

:yes:wooooooooooooooooooooo! go Lalena!!!!!

:brownbunnyone small step for bunnies one leap for bunnykind!!!!!!:brownbunny

lurv anabell :bunnydance:

Here's the article! They made the FRONT PAGE! Color photos and everything!
http://www.thereporteronline.net/

The article is pretty good. There are some things I suggestedadding/changing but some of the issues were quoted from the director ofthe AWL, and I didn't want to mess up what she said. Also, if youscroll over to the side to the photo of the whole front page, you cansee the photo of the 2nd bunny.

Enjoy!:)

"Although cute and cuddly, rabbits can biteand scratch people with their back legs, so Nolan advises that onlychildren over 5 years old handle the animals. But they do make goodstarter pets for young children and need only a small living space, sheadded."

That line was NOT needed. It basically made it sound okay to get abunny for a child. A hamster makes a good "starter" pet for a child,not a bunny. They need a big living space. Phew, sorry....that lastline made me soooo angry.

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

undergunfire wrote:
"Although cute and cuddly, rabbits can bite and scratchpeople with their back legs, so Nolan advises that only children over 5years old handle the animals. But they do make good starter pets foryoung children and need only a small living space, she added."

That line was NOT needed. It basically made it sound okay to get abunny for a child. A hamster makes a good "starter" pet for a child,not a bunny. They need a big living space. Phew, sorry....that lastline made me soooo angry.

It's ok. FYI, I didn't write it. I'm just a designer, so I have no sayover content (and it was a direct quote, so they probably couldn'tchange it).

Don't shoot the messenger! :)

Ohhh. I am sorry! I wasn't aiming it towards you! I was angry at the person who said it/wrote it.

I am sorry if you thought that I was shooting you down:hug2:.

undergunfire wrote:
Ohhh. I am sorry! I wasn't aiming it towards you! I wasangry at the person who said it/wrote it.

I am sorry if you thought that I was shooting you down:hug2:.

I meant to put the winking smiley. :DI know that'snot what you meant. Believe me, if the girl who wrote it was here theday it went in the paper, I would have had her change/add some things.

I would have too, there were some parts that had me questioning the article a little bit:tongutwo:.

undergunfire wrote:
I would have too, there were some parts that had mequestioning the article a little bit:tongutwo:.

It makes me question the shelter manager more...it tells me that shehas a lot of misinformation herself! After all, she was the one who wasquoted. However, I guess she is trying to encourage people to adoptthem out of the shelter.

But yeah the part where "they need to be held for 30 minutes a day" I laughed at. It should say, "if the bunnies let you"! :D

Haha....mine don't even want to be pet for 30 minutes a day!

Bunnies are NOT hammies. Well, now that I think of it, most hammies don't want to be held for 30 minutes a day.

:headsmack

LOL! I know! Silly animals. I let them knowabout the story issues today. If they run something next year, lookslike I'll be helping more. I'm also going to bring in Drizand Latte to work to educate them more. ;)Then we'll see ifbunnies like to be held for 30 minutes a day! :D

"Rabbits also drink between two and three bottles of water every day, Nolan added."

Whose bunny drinks between 2 and 3 water bottles a day? Iknow my Miffy never did. It sounds like there were goodintentions with the article but the writer needed to get completeinformation and verify it before sending it to print.

At least the article should get people to think twice or three timesabout that impluse bunny buy, and that was the point wasn't it!:great:

hummer wrote:
"Rabbits also drink between two and three bottles of waterevery day, Nolan added."

Whose bunny drinks between 2 and 3 water bottles a day? Iknow my Miffy never did. It sounds like there were goodintentions with the article but the writer needed to get completeinformation and verify it before sending it to print.

At least the article should get people to think twice or three timesabout that impluse bunny buy, and that was the point wasn't it!:great:
Yep that was the main point. At least people realize they are more workthan advertised at pet stores. If the writer was here yesterday I wouldhave told her that was wrong. The bottles at the shelter are small andleak so they probably have to refill them 2-3 times daily!Drizzle drinks 1/3 of his 32oz water bottle in a fewdays! But that's about it.

Latest posts

Back