Stuffed Animal

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xlHeartlx

Reaction score
Hello all! I have a stuffed peep bunny (the marshmellow candy) that is fuzzy. My bun nesquik likes to lick the “fur” from the stuffed animal, almost like she’s grooming him? (His name is puffy fluffy haha) is this normal behavior? I just think that she thinks it might be another animal of some sort and enjoys grooming it! I’m not concerned about her behavior, just curious as to why its happening!

Attachments

• 260FB37F-DF85-4F34-8D9D-00D2D751D5B7.jpeg
    260FB37F-DF85-4F34-8D9D-00D2D751D5B7.jpeg
    119 KB · Views: 6
Well, yes, it's kinda normal.

There is that thing that rabbits are social animals, and something looking close enough to another bunny can trigger feelings and behaviours. Magda really liked that garden ornament. That was before I kept one of her daughters to live with her (now Chantal lives with one of her daughters, Ruth)
Garden ornament2.JPG

On the other hand, I have a decorative, silky pillow that my boy loves to lick at times until it is soaking wet, obviously he enjoys the texture and get kinda lost in a licking trance :D, his cuddlebun does sometimes does this with foam mats.

My bun started licking stuffed toy (mickey mouse) that he had had for like a year for the first time last year before we got him a partner. Once he got a partner, Mickey mouse was tossed to the side, although in all honesty, my boy never groomed his girlfriend but she groomed him 24/7. When she passed away, he adopted Mickey again and would groom him. Now he only does it when he's lonely.

It always depends on rabbit to rabbit though :)

Ruby has her stuffed Totoro, I've seen her roll him over the floor to her bed, or drag him by the ear. She will groom him incessantly. I think she gets comfort from it Gives me hope that she will bond well.

I love seeing all these buns in love with their stuffies. I have a bun that had a stuffie that she loved to lick too, even after she got bonded to her bun companion.

Cinnabun licks one of my dogs toys. It looks like "Lamp Chop". Google it if you don't know who that is.
I do know who that is. I miss that show. Lamb chops play along.

Hello all! I have a stuffed peep bunny (the marshmellow candy) that is fuzzy. My bun nesquik likes to lick the “fur” from the stuffed animal, almost like she’s grooming him? (His name is puffy fluffy haha) is this normal behavior? I just think that she thinks it might be another animal of some sort and enjoys grooming it! I’m not concerned about her behavior, just curious as to why its happening!
Shen will groom mine and my husband's pillows and Xiao Wu will do it when she gets onto the bed. But she mainly grooms my hoody and puts more holes into it. 😂 It's so adorable!

Omg yes! I once gave my bunny Molly a big ball with the text "DOG TOY to big Swedish dogs" hahaha, and she cares so much for it! She always grooms it, plays around with it, and you know how dogs go around in circles before they sleep to get comfortable? Well she does the same with her ball, she always runs around in circles with it, and then she lays down with the ball next to her 😊

Attachments

• Molly.jpg
    Molly.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Back