Struggling to find Timothy hay for a good price!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, guys so I have a big problem. I have a 4 month old rabbit his name is louie and he loves his hay being fresh. I buy him the kaytee Timothy hay but it’s more dust and like all chopped up. I find it quite unfair honestly. I feel like every batch you have to expect something different because everytime you’ll either get a good package or a bad package. I’ve gotten bad packages maybe 2-3 times it depends. Maybe less. Some packages are worse than others. Anyways, I live in the US and in LA. I know small pet select is a good brand but it’s so expensive... I’m not rich and my parents are a big fan of wasting money /: for a rabbit. I’m trying to stay between a budget of 20-45 dollars. There isn’t a lot of places where I can get good Timothy hay. I checked on Amazon and there’s orchard grass for 44 dollars for I think 20-25lbs. That’s a good deal BUT should I feed my rabbit orchard hay? What if he doesn’t like it? He’s a big fan of Timothy hay. I don’t think I could see him converting to It. I bought him a big bag of alfalfa hay thinking he would like it cause he is young and he didn’t like it WHATS so ever. Should I give it a try or is anyone aware of a good Timothy hay seller? Let me know!
I get a 50 pound bag for 60 dollars, It lasts a long time

A note on Rabbit Hole Hay; we have been ordering RHH 2nd cut and prior boxes had the stiffer texture. Last box was super soft with more brown strands. Their customer service indicated a new batch of hay would arrive shortly and the texture would be on par with previous boxes obtained in the last year. We give positive feedback wrt answering our concerns.

Local hay bales from a person with horses, Oxbow 25 lb. 2nd cut, and TRHH offers variety for our crew.

Latest posts

Back