Stroppy year old female rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisisfliss

Reaction score
So Alfy has a friend now, Dali. They've been living together since July and are getting along well. It look a while! Alfy is now about a year old (Dali is a couple of months older than her but was from a rescue so we are unsure of his exact age)

Alfy used to be such a friendly rabbit but she's so grumpy these days! She'll come up to you and happily run around near me but when she comes right up and I put my hand out to stroke her she bolts away! She's also been going through a bit of a chewing phase all of a sudden! She also stomped her foot one day because she was late getting fed!

Do you think it is just a stage or is it her personality? Dali is such a chilled out bun and it seems like Alfy is getting more and more stroppy! She is funny and provides a lot of laughter but she never used to be like this!

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1411891976.046383.jpg
Alfy is the mini lop & Dali is the lionhead cross ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1411892049.835675.jpg

Those two are cute!!!!!

Are they fixed? Hormones can cause weird behaviour.

Trix does strange things at different ages, and she is fixed.

That's weird...

Come to think of it, Alfyis the cutest little grumpy bun. She is adorable, so is Dali. Dali is a cutie, too.

Aw, they look so happy together! Maybe you've been spending more time with Dali and so Alfie is snubbing you out of jealousy? Bunnies can hold silly little grudges like that. Even just a small change in routine or environment can make a bun mad at us. There's nothing we can do but try to bribe our way back into their good books with lots of patience, attention and treats.

I try to share my time equally but I think she's a little bit miffed that she has to share her time with Dali now and that she's not the only bun. I think she has a bit of a princess complex! Hopefully it's just a stage- it did take her a while to accept Dali. She picked a fight and caught her eyelid so had to have it sewn up and it took them a bit to bond so it might just be due to all that. Hopefully it'll settle down soon!

They're such a great little couple and are always providing laughter!

Latest posts

Back