Stringy poop

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

JingleBellTheBunny

Reaction score
Hi! I already know that stringy poop means that they're ingesting too much fur and stuff. My parents have already ordered a new brush that was recommended by @Madelyn L. Is there anything else that I can do for Jingle while I wait for the brush to come? Here is the brush. It'll be here on the 8th. Thanks!

Scarlette

Reaction score
You can give your bun some pineapple juice. Pineapple juice can help break down fur in your bunbun's tummy, but make sure the pineapple juice is is 100% juice, no sweeteners, or anything like that.

Blue eyes

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately the pineapple juice has been shown to be a myth. Bromelain is the enzyme in pineapple (& papaya) that can dissolve hair. However, a low pH (below 3) destroys the enzyme. The pH of a rabbit's stomach is 1.5 - 2.2. That means the enzyme cannot survive in the rabbit's stomach to breakdown the hair.

The best thing you can do in the meantime is refresh that hay several times per day (and provide plenty of water). By refreshing it throughout the day, it will encourage bunny to eat more.

Reaction score
Hi! I already know that stringy poop means that they're ingesting too much fur and stuff. My parents have already ordered a new brush that was recommended by @Madelyn L. Is there anything else that I can do for Jingle while I wait for the brush to come? Here is the brush. It'll be here on the 8th. Thanks!
Do you have a photo of the brush?

Reaction score
That's the brush I have. It's really good.

Latest posts