Stress help!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Im new to kindleing but I just read that stress can cause does to misscarry. But when I got her she didnt even hide or anything,,but all she does is sit in her nestbox??? I would really hate to lose her litter she may have some BEW...
I got her 29 days into her pregnancy, from really nice rabbitry owners selling all their rabbits. She is due tomarrow or wensday
::nono:runningrabbit:

Are you sure she's pregnant? I ask because just because she was bred doesn't mean she's pregnant. Do you know if she's had litters before?

Typically, if she isn't pregnant she'll use the nestbox as your doe is doing or as a litterbox. But if she's a first time mom she may not know what to do.

Is she eating/drinking/pooping okay? It doesn't happen very often but pregnant does right around kindling can develop ketosis, which is serious.

Are you sure she's pregnant? I ask because just because she was bred doesn't mean she's pregnant. Do you know if she's had litters before?

Typically, if she isn't pregnant she'll use the nestbox as your doe is doing or as a litterbox. But if she's a first time mom she may not know what to do.

Is she eating/drinking/pooping okay? It doesn't happen very often but pregnant does right around kindling can develop ketosis, which is serious.
ya i know she is prego because the lady said she palpulated and felt babies and she is fat . she isnt going to the box asmuch right know, and she is pooping ,peeing,eating, and drinking. I dont know but honestly I have a feeling she is a first time mommy

If she's acting and eating okay then just watch her. Clean out the nestbox if you need to. Sometimes I'll put hay and a little hair in there to give first timers an idea of what they're supposed to do.

My rabbits usually kindle on the 31st day. Some of my does wait until the very last minute to build a nest and pull fur, by very last minute I mean its day 31 and they haven not even built the nest, which made me start thinking maybe not pregnant, and then in an 12 hour time span they built the nest and pulled the fur and then babies.

Latest posts

Back