Stray Dog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snuggys Mom

Reaction score
We came out of a store last night and a stray dog ran in through the sliding door! I went in and got him, asked around if he belonged to anyone, and took him home.

I just couldn't leave him there. He had no collar and had been wandering around a busy intersection and I didn't want him to get hit. A store employee said he'd been hanging around for a couple of days.

He's so cute. He is a Jack Russell mix, I think. He looks to be neutered and his tail has been docked. I'll put up a pic this afternoon.

He was probably dumped for no good reason. :(

I can't keep him. I've been e-mailing rescues all morning. I refuse to takehim to the city shelter. All the dogs there get sick. I did post him as "found" on their site, though.

He will make an excellent pet for someone. He's reallysweet and friendly.

Oh geez I hope you find a home for him! Poor guy.

That reminds me of one time this dog was running around this crazy busy intersection, and my mom followed to downt his road, then opened her car door, and the dog just hopped right in. haha. It had a collar on, but the people weren't anwsering, so we called the police. The policeman was really ignorant, he didnt even call us to say thank you or to tell us if the dog found its home.

Anyway, good luck!

Silvie:hearts: and Phinn:bunny17:

You need to take him somewhere (Either to a shelter or a vet) to have him scanned for a microchip. It's very clear, from the neutering, that he had an woner at some point and you can't just assume he was dumped.

This is him:

010.jpg

008.jpg

Isn't he cute?

I would LOVE to keep him. He's a sweetheart, but my dog is afraid of other dogs. My husband wouldn't be too happy if I kept him, either.

:(

Awww! He is sooo cute! I love dogs.

Maybe you can join a Jack Russel Terrier forum or a dog forum and post him up for adoption, if an owner can't be found :D.

I contacted the rescue group I got my cat from and they said they'd take him Monday.

Their vet loves Jack Russells and may keep him for herself! That would be so great!

Yeah, I thought that, too. There's something else in there. He's not big, but not as small as a Jack Russell, either.

He may be part Bull Terrier or American Bull, I don't know.

He sorta looks like Spuds McKenzie without the Roman nose. He's about that size, too, just not quite as stout.

hehe aw he looks lovely. if i had the room (and lived in tennessee), i would so adopt him! i would name him chum chum and dress him up as a bumble bee and i would dress as a bee keeper and we would go out in public together and freak out the local commoners :)

girlzilla wrote:
i would name him chum chum and dress him up as a bumble bee....

OMG! It's so crazy that you said that!:shock:

When asked by a friend why I couldn't keep him, I told her it was because my dog is scared of other dogs. She said, "Is he scared of insects? because I have a bumble bee costume we could dress him in".

Snuggys Mom wrote:
girlzilla wrote:
i would name him chum chum and dress him up as a bumble bee....
OMG! It's so crazy that you said that!:shock:

When asked by a friend why I couldn't keep him, I told her it was because my dog is scared of other dogs. She said, "Is he scared of insects? because I have a bumble bee costume we could dress him in".
lol that is pretty spooky.butman, i bet he would makea really cute bee! he could even have a cute little stinger on his butt :)

The rescue group took the little guy in this week. It was hard letting him go.

On the way there, he rode on myarm rest/console with one paw on my shoulder. It was so sweet (bitter sweet :().

I hope he gets the best home ever. He deserves it. He's such a sweetheart.

Aw... I'm just reading this thread now, but I hope they find him a wonderful home :hug1 He sounds like he deserves it so much.
(From the pictures, it looked like he was a Bully/Jack mix to me, too. ;) )
I'm sure he'll find someone wonderful who loves him

I hope he finds a great home as well.

Is there anyway you could have the rescue contact you when the little guy finds a home :)?

Latest posts

Back